Monday, August 06, 2007

Busy weekend!

Wow- we had a very busy weekend! We celebrated our 5th anniversary a week early because the baby is due soon. Hubby and I went for an overnight stay about 2 hours away.

We didn't know if we were going to be able to go because I was having so many contractions. The doctor told us not to come back if I went into labor because I might deliver on the side of the road! The contractions calmed down a bit and we decided this might be our last chance to get away alone for a long time!

We got to stay in a beautiful suite and went shopping, then we went to eat at a great steakhouse, watched a movie at the hotel, got to go hang out at Starbucks, sip our Mocha Frappucino (my very favorite) and we just talked for a long time. I loved it. It's so great to be married to your best friend. What's funny is that I really love him even more than the day we got married five years ago.

It was so weird to be without our little children- we could both get out at the gas station! We had a great time, and I think it was a perfect getaway before our major life change we have coming up this month.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...