Reusing and Fusing Plastic Bags

I have been wanting to find a good use for all those plastic bags we get from the grocery store. We currently use them for smelly diapers and small trash cans, but we barely make a dent in our supply! I was so excited to see a new way to use the plastic bags: fusing them together to make a thick and durable material for projects like reusable grocery sacks, bibs, aprons, beach totes, and waterproof liners.

I just found this tutorial this week so I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I can hardly wait. You just need some paper, an iron and ironing board and several plastic bags.

Here is one example from the Etsy tutorial:

Check out more frugal ideas at Biblical Womanhood!

2 comments

Coupon Addict said...

Cute, cute, cute! Nice job. I will get the purse a shot. I am not much of a sewer.

Mom2fur said...

Oh, cool! I'm gonna check this out. I love learning how to do new things!