Why it's All or Nothing

I believe that when it comes to the Word of God it is all or nothing- all truth or none at all. There is no "that part was written for that culture" or "I don't think God meant that for today." Christians today often say that Scripture- even New Testament mandates should be taken into context of the culture in which they were written and do not apply to modern day.

I'm sorry- to me that is denying the inspiration and inerrancy of the God's Word. To say that God could not preserve His commands throughout thousands of years is to doubt the sovereignty of God.

On the day of judgment when I stand before God, I want to say Lord, you told me your Word was true and flawless, and you told me that I show my love for you by keeping your commandments, and I did what your Word said- rather than, I'm sorry Lord, I thought you only meant that for that culture and time period. Women in our culture were so much different.

I take God's Word at face value. I don't think God left us His Word wrapped up in mystery that we have to figure out what He means. It is clearly laid out for us and applies to our lives today. I am so thankful that I don't have to decipher or interpret what God wants for me.

3 comments

Anonymous said...

I do not mean this at all disrespectfully, am really curious - do you think God himself wrote the Bible? I have always wondered about people who took the Scriptures literally - isn't it an interpretation by man? Am interested to hear your thoughts.

Erica said...

I completely agree with you. If you claim to believe the Bible, you have to believe the whole Bible... God cannot lie and thus it is all true!

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

God's word is God's word, it's not mans interpretation.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Love in Christ,
Erica :)

Anonymous said...

God is not the author of confusion, the first thing satan did was to confuse Eve over exactly what God said. He's been prompting man to do so ever since, he (satan) wants us to believe the scriptures are not Gods word that they are up for debate. Ask for the Holy Spirit to guide you about the errancy of scripture- not people.