Great Makeup Find

I am a huge Clinique fan- they have great makeup, and it wears well. But Clinique can be pricey- $20+ for foundation alone. And they have this gorgeous shimmery blush that I wanted to try but wouldn't pay the $21 for.
Last week at CVS they had Covergirl on sale, and I had a coupon for buy one get one free, so I took a chance and bought Covergirl Trublend foundation and Trublend shimmery blush (pictured at right) as well as an eyeshadow for under $4 total (regular prices totaled $18 for all). I tried them all and LOVE them. The foundation wears as well as Clinique and even matches my skin better. The shimmery blush looks natural as well! I paid 10% of the price, and saved $38 or more. If you are looking for a good substitute for department store makeup, I would check out Covergirl Trublend.
Check out what works for others at Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments

SAHMmy Says said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I've had some success with the L'Oreal True Match foundation, but I miss my custom blend Prescriptives--way too expensive since I became a frugal mama! I'll check out that blush; the L'Oreal I tried just rubbed right off when I tried to blend it. Thanks!

tootie said...

Great tip! I'll have to try it out.

By the way, if you have an Ulta make-up store near you, consider buying there. Their prices are drug-store low and they have a good selection. Best of all, you can return any make-up (used!) you've bought there for ANY reason, as long as 85% of the product remains. (Bring the receipt, too.) Happy make-up shopping!

Mandy said...

I have heard of them before, I will look them up. That return policy would be so great, because you just never know what color makeup will be until you try it on. Thanks for the tip!