Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Quick and Easy Iced Tea

I LOVE McAlister's iced tea. My friends know we are serious McAlister's addicts! At 1.89 per glass these days, I was motivated to find a way to replicate it at home. I did a little investigation and found out they use Lipton tea bags, and they (obviously) use a tea machine which is like a coffee machine....so I decided to use a coffee maker to run over Lipton tea bags. It works so well! The tea isn't exactly the same as the restaurant because our water is different but it is very close. Using any type of filtered water will improve the taste of your tea.

Not only is the coffee maker a time saver (it takes about 10 minutes total), it also saves energy because it doesn't sit heating on the stove top for 20 minutes. We use 12 cups of water to 3 tea bags and use 1 cup of sugar then mix it together and add about 6 more cups of cold water. We love our iced tea!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...