*Extremely Cheap* Coupon Organization

I almost didn't post about this because, well, it's so cheap it's almost embarrassing (maybe I should save it for my Frugal Confessions post!). :)

Last month I was overwhelmed with coupons. My previous $1 organizer had become far too small to hold my growing coupon stash. Inspired by Crystal's great post on her coupon organizing technique, I was determined to create a way to store and easily find my coupons without buying anything.

While trying to come up with a solution using what I had on hand, I pulled out my envelopes to start making a system similar to hers, and decided, why not just use the envelope box?


I took out several envelopes and started labeling them right on the envelope. I intended to add an index card like hers, but never got around to it. I just moistened the flap and folded it into the inside of the envelope. Now I can organize and find my coupons so easily! My favorite part of the coupon organizer was that I didn't have to buy something for it- I had the .97 box of envelopes in the office (and I only used a few of them!). And, if I ever find a good deal on a storage shoe box, I can just transfer my envelopes over to it.

Check out Crystal's blog for more frugal tips!

6 comments

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing it. I too am becoming overwhelmed by my stash.
Monica

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

You can also use the envelopes you get in catalogs and junk mail.=)

~Babychaser~ said...

Briliant! I found myself needing something for all my Crystal inspired coupons too. And, not wanting to buy anything coupled with needing something before I could get out to get something, I used what I had... an empty (albeit still baby fresh smelling) wipes container. :) I use the smaller envelopes for that!

Drama Mama said...

You are so smart! I love the idea!

Bonnie said...

I love that idea! I have been using a 3 ring binder and some of my husbands out baseball card holding sheets. It makes it very easy to see everything through the clear sheets, but it's a bit big to bust out in the store - but so far its worked and it was free, too. I only get a few glances in the grocery isles :)

J said...

I did this exact thing - also in an attempt to copy Crystal's box. To make it a little prettier, I wrapped the envelope box in some of my 3yo daughter's art work!