Monday, November 26, 2007

Great Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. My family came over, and my husband got Wednesday through Friday off from work, which was a wonderful blessing in itself. He hasn't qualified for vacation at his work yet, so the extra days off were like a much-needed mini-vacation for us.

I was thinking on Thursday just how thankful I am for the blessings we have received this year. This was our second Thanksgiving in our lovely home, and this year not only do I have a wonderful and very loving husband and two precious little boys, God also gave me a healthy pregnancy, the easiest birth I have ever experienced, and a beautiful, healthy, smiling little baby girl.

He has given me one more year on this earth, and I am so very thankful for that. It makes me wonder what He has in store for the next year. As I look forward, it makes me think, am I serving Him with all of me? It's really the very least I could do for such a magnificent and loving God like Him. I don't deserve any of what He has given me, yet He loves me and still gives me all these blessings. What a wonderful God we are allowed to serve. I want to give Him all of me.

Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...