Black Friday 2007 CVS Deals

I can honestly say, until this year I had never shopped a Black Friday sale at a drugstore! I went at 11:30 on Wednesday night to get all the goods so I could check out at midnight, when the sale began. I really overestimated the crowd though- I was the ONLY person in CVS! :) The manager on duty thought I was crazy when I asked for their Black Friday ad. She had no idea of any sale beginning on Thanksgiving Day. She went to find their store copy of the ad and let me look through it. I already had my list and coupons ready. I got every single free deal in the ad! I guess being a night owl finally paid off! ;)


I made $18 and got all of this for free! It was very exciting! I even drank the free green tea energy drink before our 5k run 8 hours later!

Check out more fabulous finds over at MoneySavingMom!

4 comments

Milehimama said...

I wasn't as successful. I went on Saturday (the last day of the deal.)

CVS had put the toothpast on sale for $2.00 for their regular week sale (Sat - Fri) and my ECB's didn't print out (I returned them!)

And, I must say, I LOVE green tea but I'm glad I got that drink for free. I couldn't even finish it. It did give me energy though!

You did some good shopping!

Mandy said...

Thanks! :)

It was quite early in the morning for carbonated berry green tea, but that stuff really wakes you up. I am glad it was free too- I would have never bought it for 1.49! Too funny.

CDMOM said...

Wow, it's funny when the consumer knows more than the employee(manager no less!) about their store! You started early!

I too got those deals. I went Thanksgiving morning and it was obvious that people had already been there for some of the deals. There were only 2 razors left after I picked up mine. However, some things like the excedrin had not been touched.

My reciept with ECB's was taller than me and I'm 5'9!

Mandy said...

Wow- it takes a whole lot of ECB's to make 5 3/4 feet! That's awesome! I didn't hold mine up but my cashier said he had never seen that many ECB's on one ticket! LOL :)