Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Spice Up Your Chicken

I love chicken breast. A few years ago I saw and smelled a chicken truck on the way to Tyson and I almost stopped eating chicken altogether. Luckily I got over that problem by refusing to eat bone-in chicken. Now I am slowly dealing with my aversion to bone-in meats, but I still only buy chicken breast fillets.

Neurotic meat-eating history aside, I do love my chicken these days, especially when I season it with my all-time favorite chicken rub- Durkee's Grill Creations St. Louis Chicken and Rib Rub. It takes regular chicken and makes it into the best chicken you've ever tasted. You can let it marinade in it, but I usually just rub it on just before I cook.

It tastes great on the grill, in the oven, and even in the pressure cooker. I love this stuff! It doesn't have a distinct taste like Mexican or Cajun and it can go with pretty much any type of food you serve. Wal-Mart sells a small container for about $3 and it will last a few months at our house. If you serve chicken, especially alone, you should definitely try this seasoning!

Check out more kitchen tips at Tammy's Recipes!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...