Friday, January 04, 2008

Personal Goals for 2008

Even though Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, I have to say I love the beginning of a new year. It's like a fresh start. Last year at this time I was in a major transition period from full-time school and working part-time to being home again all day every day and being in the first trimester of my 3rd pregnancy.

This year is much different but comes with even more challenges as we add a third little person to the mix and as we are trying to get out of debt as quickly as possible. It will be fun though. I am all about a new start, with new lists and new goals!

So here are my new personal goals for 2008:


-Create a new schedule and routine system by next week and stick to it, changing it if necessary (rather than abandoning it) by reevaluating it monthly.

-Continue breastfeeding exclusively until Isabella reaches 6 months (we usually add cereal at 4-5 months but I want to extend the time before we start baby foods)

-Run a 5k in under 30 minutes (I've run only one before in 39 min)

-Add in 1-2 hours per day to my schedule for web/design work (this will be much easier when I get my routine in place)

-Start Elijah's homeschooling, with him reading by his 5th birthday in October

-Exercise 5-6 times per week including classes at the gym and home

-Eat more fresh and natural foods- whole grain, preservative-free, locally grown foods

-Drink at least 3 liters of water per day

-Potty train my 2 1/2 year old (he'll be three in May)

-Increase household purging of clutter and excess, including selling furniture, shredding papers and giving away or selling toys

-Slowly change my body clock to go to bed earlier and rise earlier (I am so not a morning person!)


Reading over them, it looks like a lot of goals! :) I know that all of these are possible for me to accomplish, with my willingness to do them and God's strength. :) I know I will need lots of extra patience and strength for tasks like homeschooling, potty training, and early rising but thankfully God is so graceful I know He will give it to me if I ask and trust Him.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...