Works for Me- My Very Favorite Ask You a Question Edition!

I love asking questions. Newbie moms like me need all the help we can get!

In November's edition of Works for Me Backwards Edition I asked how to lay a baby down to sleep somewhere besides my lap. You all were so helpful with your suggestions! I used a swing and the playpen and routine, and within a few weeks it worked! Isabella will lay down on the floor, and in the playpen for naps and nighttime!

This month I have another question: how do you get melted crayon out of clothes? Twice my youngest boy has decided to hide a crayon in his pocket and twice an entire load of little boy clothes has been coated in spots of green and orange wax. I can't get it out either. Even if I scrape the wax off the stain remains. Is there anyway to remove crayon? Any stain removal secrets you could share with me? I definitely know to check their pockets now! ;)

My husband's take on stained kids clothes is too funny, he says, "pretend they just did it today and it won't bother you!" I just can't stand seeing those little bright stains in random places. Can you help me?

7 comments

Wendy said...

I found this site and there are tons of suggestions on how to get melted crayons off of clothing. I hope that one of them works for you!

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf001203.tip.html

Mandy said...

Wow, that looks great Wendy. Thanks! I can't wait to try one!

Q&Q said...

LOL! That is a great site! I was just going to tell you to spot treat yada yada! Thanks for the link Wendy!

Amy said...

Try taking a rag and putting it over the crayon, and then ironing it. Maybe you can get the crayon off the clothes and onto the rag...

Jamie said...

Crayola has a link on their site on how to remove their products from clothing. I used a lot of WD-40 and it took quite a few days to get the whole load done (the crayon covered everything), but most of it came out in one application. Some took two, and one or two pieces took three. In a whole load destroyed by brown crayon, I only had 3 tiny spots on one dress that never came out.

Laurie said...

I used a spray called "De-Solv It" which I think Walmart now carries. It's citrus based, but for me it worked on dryered-crayon better than Citri-Solve.

Kristen said...

This worked for me...Goo Gone. I thought it would leave a greasy spot on the clothes but it didn't.