Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sad Weekend Mixed with Good News

It's been a sad weekend for us. My Papa died Thursday night. He was 90 years old. He was the sweetest grandpa a girl could ever ask for. My brother and I used to go fishing and stay with him and my Granny when we were little, and every year they would come and stay at our house on Christmas. I love my Papa. I now have one more person in Heaven that I can't wait to see again. The funeral is Tuesday, and we will be traveling quite a bit in the next two days.

My little boys were sick this weekend too. I hate seeing them sick, and I don't like being unable to make it better. I think Isabella is getting it now too. :(

On the brighter side, we did get the test results back from my thyroid scan, and it looks clear. We decided to forego the extra biopsy, just because I've had one before and they are not really definitive. The doctor said that the only way to know for sure I am cancer free would be to cut it out completely. He is a great doctor, and very straightforward, which I was so thankful for. Since we decided against the biopsy, I am just to have my thyroid levels checked every year and watch for any lymph node swelling. Thank you, Lord! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...