Hard-Anodized Cookware

We have a glass-top stove. It's nice to have the extra workspace, but finding pots that didn't scorch the food was quite a challenge. We had a set of stainless steel pots that were oh so pretty but every time I cooked something it stuck to the bottom of them.

Last year I was given a set of hard-anodized aluminum pans from Linen's and Things for Mother's Day, and I love them! We got them on sale, and with a rebate the set cost only $30! They work great on my electric stove- they heat evenly and food usually doesn't stick to them (if it does it's user error! :). They unfortunately do have a non-stick coating but in over a year it hasn't started flaking, where my T-Fal non-stick pot flaked within six months.

If you are in the market for a new set of pots and pans, you might want to give these a try. Target also has Calphalon hard-anodized pans in a cheaper version I like. Linens 'n Things, where I got mine, puts their Cooks brand on sale frequently. Here's the link to my set of pans.

For more kitchen tips, check out Tammy's Recipes.

2 comments

Candace said...

I'll keep that in mind next time I need pans. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The biggest tip I found for keeping the non-stick on my pans is to NEVER put them in the dishwasher - the abrasives in the soap blasts away the coating.