My Meal Planning Helper


When I fall into a cooking rut, (far more often than I'd like!), it's usually because I haven't been planning my meals.

I use calendars and planners to map out each days meal, but when I'm busy or tired I just don't do it. That's when I turn to my handy master meal list I keep in my planner.

I wrote out every meal I could remember making so when I can't think of anything, I don't have to! I just look down the list for something I can make with what I have on hand.

On my meal list, I've also started writing out the ingredients so I can plan a meal when I am out. If I am in the car waiting or have a quiet moment (Ha!) I can make a quick menu list and grocery list to go with it. No thinking required. And that's music to the ears of this mommy of three little ones.

For more kitchen tips, check out Tammy's Recipes!

2 comments

Patty said...

Thanks for the tip! I don't usually plan out meals for each day, but depending on the sales for the week, seasonal foods, etc., once my grocery shopping is complete, I have a dry erase board on the fridge where I write all the "possible meals" we can have with the supplies on hand. It has been very helpful to me when I'm short on time or ideas (as I am working full time too)!

Kate said...

I have one of those too and I just love it! Anything to free my mind from stressing about what to make for dinner is a life-saver in my book. I always wrote out all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, side dishes and desserts. Then I just pick what I want for the month and make my grocery list from there.