Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Days

Shannon over at Rocks in my Dryer had this great meme about labors. I thought it looked like fun so I'll join in!

How long were your labors?

  1. 10 hours total, 3 hours of pushing. Miserable, awful pushing....
  2. 4.5 hours total, 10 minutes of pushing. He was upside down or the doctor wouldn't have made it in the room.
  3. 3.5 hours total, 5-6 minutes of pushing (3 pushes total)

How did you know you were in labor?

  1. Induced, so I knew it was coming. All day.
  2. Induced again. The pitocin didn't hurt for a couple of hours.
  3. I woke up with some serious contractions, got up and had more and faster, so I was pretty sure.

Where did you deliver?
All three were born in the same hospital, different rooms.

Drugs?
The first time I had an epidural, and it was not as fun as people like to tell you. The second time I had one dose of Stadol which doesn't actually work either, it just makes you sleepy in between contractions. The third time I went completely drug free. I preferred the third birth the most of all three.

C-section?

No, and I really hope I never need to. But I always want to have one when I start feeling the head descend and my hips start splitting open. Sorry for the imagery. I can't forget it either. :)

Who delivered?

The same obstetrician for all three. He was on vacation until the day before my due date with Isabella, and he came in early from on his first day back from vacation to deliver her. I was never so glad to see his face as I was that morning. I really thought the nurse was going to have to deliver her. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...