Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life with Four


Avalie is 4 weeks old! Time is flying by in a way, and in another it's slowed! I think the lack of sleep is definitely more pronounced the older I get. :) I wouldn't say this one sleeps less than the others, I just don't get to sleep in like I did with the younger ones. With a 5 1/2 , 4, and almost 2 year old running around, sleeping in isn't possible anymore!

We start homeschooling in September and I am more than a little nervous about it. I am not a scheduled person and it seems like school will be a daunting task. I've done quite a bit of research and it seems like Rod and Staff will be the curriculum we go with. I am about to order it and start planning out the daily lessons. I am planning on starting the 4 year old at the same time doing preschool work.

My exercise schedule has been cut down significantly with the arrival of the new one. In reality this is probably a good thing and has allowed my body to heal when I would have pushed it harder than I should have. I was going twice per day but now go just once and try to do a second session at home. I really liked going frequently. It will be a good time to slow down as we are starting school, throwing showers, birthday parties, trying to sell our house and having a wedding, not to mention holidays in the next four months. It's busy!


2 comments:

Anita said...

Remember that four children is not the same as three. Your life will change; there will be more to do. Don't feel obligated to continue with a routine or with showing up at all things you're invited to. I thought I was such a pro when my third child was born, and was out with her hanging in the Snugli right away. I ended up with a breastfeeding problem that required medicine (ouch!) Take care of yourself - No one will permantly suffer if you take it easy here and there. Blessings.

Anita said...

Checking back in. Hope you and your family are well.
Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...