Office Before and After Reveal!

My favorite part of any home renovation is seeing the before and after-
the big reveal.

And can I tell you, it's even more exciting when it's your own home!

Here's our office before:

Sage green, brown trim, and brown painted floors.





And....

drum roll, please...

.......

AFTER!








































I love it!! My favorite part is the desk- it was $5!! :) Right after that, the armoire for $20! You should have seen them before I repainted them- they were a mess, but they were cheap!

 The yellow desk chair was $12, and the green chair was $40, both thrifted.  They are definitely some of my favorite yard sale finds ever.

And then the Kim Parker prints steal the show and pull it all together (from Marshalls, $17 each)!

We repainted the floor with oil-based porch and deck paint from Lowe's, and added the chalkboard wall inspired by Jones Design Company (which I totally adore!). The trim painting took forever and what felt like 18 coats to cover up the brown, but wow, what a difference it made!

 It seems like an entirely different room now. It's now my happy place in the house.

I really love this home remodeling stuff.

And I guess it's a good thing that I do, since we have a house built in 1895 and it needs plenty more of it!   At this point we only have about six more rooms to go! The light at the end of the tunnel! Well, sort of. {check out more before pics and read the story of our house here}

I'm thinking I might just stay in the office until we finish the rest of the house.

I love it that much.

That'd be okay, right?

Linking up at Party time: Link up to your Real Room makeovers at Brooklyn Limestone!

26 comments

Amanda Jo said...

OH!!! I love EVERYTHING about it! It's so fresh, clean and I love the vintage accents! Great call on the chalkboard wall, too.

Christie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Joy @ Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Your office looks fantastic and for such a great price!

Inspire Me Heather said...

Oh my gosh! Lovely job!!!! I linked this to my offices post too today, nice work!

mandyBH said...

Oh cool, I'm excited you saw that! Thanks for reading along with us! :)

mandyBH said...

Thank you! :)

Nik said...

wow! ummm.. did I miss it, or did you not say a thing about that GORGEOUS rug!!!??? :-O LOVE!!! Please tell?? :)

Terriallard26 said...

Mandy, Congratulations on being featured on Tip Junkie. I Love the remodeling that you and Robert have done so far..Looking forward to seeing more :-)

Dee said...

Gorgeous!!!
Love it all! The chalkboard wall is so great!!!
following you now
ladeedacreations.com

mandyBH said...

Oh, how cool is that?! Yay! :) Thank you for following along!

Ellie said...

Love the chalkboard wall! All of the 'afters' are amazing.
I'm your lucky 100th follower!

mandyBH said...

Thanks! I love that one too! :)

mandyBH said...

Thank you!

Guest said...

What a lovely workspace! Y'all did a great job!

Amanda said...

What a beautiful work space! Y'all did a lovely job!

tricia said...

So beautiful! I love it all, but especially the large pocket doors! What a wonderful space to work in : o )

Little Lovables said...

absolutely beautiful! and I love the window.

mandyBH said...

When the lady told me $5 I couldn't believe it. I was trying not to look too happy! Even in terrible shape, it was still a great deal! :P

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you! Thanks for stopping by!! :) There's an outlet in the wall behind the desk, between the two windows that we use. It's not my favorite solution, in fact I'm supposed to be getting floor outlets since we have a pier and beam home, but that's been moved to the "someday" list for now. In the meantime, I just couldn't bear to take a picture with all the cords in it. LOL! :P
BTW, I'm so amazed by your renovation. You guys did an amazing job!! Very inspiring! And I know it's so much more work than pictures can describe!

MrsLimestone said...

Great makeover! I love that chair!

But how do you plug in your laptop?

Karen @ A Lease to Decorate said...

Sorry, I don't know why it cut off my comment. Anyways - I love the desk. I can't get over that it was only $5!

Karen @ A Lease to Decorate said...

Wow! I adore the desk

mandyBH said...

Oh, yes, I probably should mention that! We had it from our last house- I bought it a few years ago at Target on clearance for $99. :)

RaNae B said...

Your home is so beautiful and should be in a magazine I read the backstory on it today so wonderful when things fall into place according to Gods will in our lives we have had a couple of similar experiences as yours I love how timing turns into a peace giving confirmation when it just all falls into place.

Mary McDermott said...

Just wondering how you went about painting the woodwork? We are buying a house with all dark woodwork, and the first thing I want to do is paint the woodwork. Thank you!

Mary McDermott said...

Can you tell me any secrets about painting woodwork? I noticed they were all dark wood before. We are moving into a house with mostly dark wood. The first thing I want to do is paint the woodwork. Thanks!!