Wednesday, July 13, 2011

{what i wore this week} summer scorcher edition

To say "it's getting hot" is a bit of an understatement here in Texas- it's the summer of sweat! It's all about trying to embrace the "glow!" And stocking up on Secret. ;) 

This week, I grabbed my hubs to snap a few pics for me instead of trying to get a few of those what-do-I-do-with-this-camera self-portraits. :) I'm still trying to get used to taking WIWW pics! I remember reading other blogs out there and wondering why they said taking pictures of yourself felt kind of strange. Now I get it!! :) But it's all worth it so your husband will see you in something other than pj's, right? I'm sure he thinks so! 

One of my favorite summer outfits!
Shirt- Gadzooks (back when they were around!), earrings (Can you tell I love these?)- Goodwill, 
ribbon bracelet- me

white metallic shorts- Forever 21, Goodwill- which is now GW, $3 



Sandals- Roxy, Marshalls. 


Abbie invited me to a Girls Night In event, then we went to eat at Carino's and had our nice server take a picture of us! How fun is that? I even got to wear jeans! It's a rare and happy occasion here! I love girl's nights!

Shirt- Marshalls, $13-  Jeans- David Kahn/ GW, $7. Belt- American Eagle. Bracelet- JCPenney.

We accidentally wore the same shoes, which totally called for a pic of it's own. 
We must be friends or something. :)

Then there was a lunch date with the hubs-
Dress- Old Navy from GW.

One of my favorite "splurge" shoes. Gianni Bini, 70% off and they were still $26. Seriously, the most comfortable pair of wedges I've ever owned!! They have been worth every penny. I've worn them a ton!

Bird necklace- Forever 21, $3. Did you know they have the coolest inexpensive jewelry? I was so excited to find lots of vintage-style necklaces there!

 I feel so EmersonMade in this pic. I'm in love with her stuff!

Sunday...right before church.
 Shirt- Papaya, GW, $3, Skirt, Gap.

The infamous shoes. 
Payless online- several months ago. I saw a deal online a few months ago for Payless and went to look, they actually have really cute shoes! I was really surprised! I couldn't remember the last time I went there. 

necklace- GW, $1.
Flower Earrings- J.Crew, $13. I love them so much! Another one of my favorite investments!

Shoes and jewelry always seem like good investments to me!
  What are your favorite investment pieces?


Linking up at 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...