Thursday, August 04, 2011

laundry devotion {on contentment}


Today we're talking about contentment! I think it's a hard topic for most of us (especially women!)- it's one of those things that tends to come and go, and we don't really know why it's so fickle. Today's laundry devotion is all about why contentment is sometimes fleeting and where we can find true joy!

I'd love to hear your thoughts- do you feel like contentment is hard to keep? And do you find yourself saying, "if only?"

Press play for audio here:
About Laundry Devotions:
I tend to think of my laundry room as my prayer closet. I spend a lot of time in there where I get away from everything else while folding clothes (laundry for six keeps a girl busy ;). It's awesome because my hands are busy doing what I'm called to do and I get to spend time with God at the same time. I realized maybe that would work for others who are in a super busy stage of life like me. Maybe you are in the car, or at the kitchen sink, or prepping dinner. Either way, I hope this short audio format helps you give you a chance to focus on God even in an unlikely setting, like the laundry room! :)

Grab the Laundry Devotions button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your blog sidebar or post's html!

3 comments:

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you for your sweet words, Tami! That's so very encouraging to hear! :) I'm so glad it was a blessing to you!

Tami Anderson said...

Hey Mandy, The girls and I listened to your devotion on contement while we were eating dinner. So perfect for me, and my 10 and 16 year old daughters also. So blessed and grateful for the reminder.
Thanks, Tami

Katie Amos said...

Thank you so much for allowing God to speak through you! I recently discovered your blog through Facebook and have loved following along (especially through those last few weeks before Zane's birth and his birth story). I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first right now, so anything baby story is intriguing to me, and it's so encouraging to read it from a perspective focused on Christ through all the carrying and laboring process :) I have been so burdened in my heart lately that something is just not right between the Lord and myself and have been so distressed about what it could be. I was up this morning trying to pray and feeling so anxious when the Lord just placed your laundry devotions into my mind. I hadn't listened to all of them yet, but wanted to, so I started searching for them on my phone, and the Lord led me straight to this one first. He used it to so gently affirm to me that this area is what is wrong. It is so obvious to me now, and there was instant peace when realizing it, that I will not be alone in dealing with this sin in my life. Using the verse you used: I can do all things (be content in all circumstances) through Christ because He alone will strengthen me. Thank you for the encouragement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...