laundry devotion {on hearts and words}


This week we are talking about the connection between our hearts and our mouths- how our words reflect the state of our hearts, and the only way our hearts and words can change to glorify God.

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to speak words that you will later regret? Isn't it so comforting to know there is a solution?

Press play for audio here:
About Laundry Devotions:
I tend to think of my laundry room as my prayer closet. I spend a lot of time in there where I get away from everything else while folding clothes (laundry for six keeps a girl busy ;). It's awesome because my hands are busy doing what I'm called to do and I get to spend time with God at the same time. I realized maybe that concept would work for others who are in a super busy stage of life like me. Maybe you are in the car, or at the kitchen sink, or prepping dinner. Either way, I hope this short audio format helps you give you a chance to focus on God even in an unlikely setting, like the laundry room! :)

Grab the Laundry Devotions button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your blog sidebar or post's html!

5 comments

Meg said...

Mandy, I am so blessed God led me to your blog and in particular this devotion. Very powerful message for me. I am constantly surprised and mortified about what comes out of my mouth (especially in stressful or less than ideal situations). Thank you for the scriptures. I will be praying and studying over this!

Amanda said...

Thank you! I loved it - I should have downloaded that plugin way before now!

mandyBH said...

Oh, no, girl, you're okay! :) It should be quicktime, and it's a media player that works for both PCs and macs, and it's very common so no worries.
I'm also working on getting a downloadable link, so you just can click to download and play without the internet.
Here's a link to the media player download: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ and from now on it should automatically load. :)

Amanda said...

okay, this is going to sound like I'm completely technologically inept...I'm really just partially inept. Anyway, this requires me to download an apple app. Will that run on my PC? Is there a way to download the audio and listen with a different audio player?

Cyndi in Iowa said...

Mandy is there a way to download these to our iPods or subscribe? or do we need to just come here to listen?

Amanda, I used to have a pc and was able to download quicktime to run from a pc. (now I have a mac. wow, i love how easy things are from a mac! yay! :)