laundry devotion {on priorities}

This week's devotion is about examining our priorities, and defining the motive behind each of them. I think we all have trouble with assigning priorities in our busy lives today, and it's something I've been working through for the past few weeks (months? years?) as well. Oh, I'm so thankful God can give our hearts the right priorities. If it were up to me, I'd never succeed in changing my own life! What a merciful God He is.

I would love to hear your thoughts! I feel like the Bible has so much to say about this, and we can read it and know it, yet it's still such a struggle for us to give our daily lives to the Lord. What do you think?

Press play for audio here:
Or, download this audio devotion by right clicking and saving target as (or download link for Macs) on this link: laundry devotion {on priorities}


About Laundry Devotions:
I tend to think of my laundry room as my prayer closet. I spend a lot of time in there where I get away from everything else while folding clothes (laundry for six keeps a girl busy ;). It's awesome because my hands are busy doing what I'm called to do and I get to spend time with God at the same time. I realized maybe that concept would work for others who are in a super busy stage of life like me. Maybe you are in the car, or at the kitchen sink, or prepping dinner. Whatever you might be doing, I hope this short audio format helps you give you a chance to focus on God even in an unlikely setting, like the laundry room! :)

Grab the Laundry Devotions button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your blog sidebar or post's html!

6 comments

Rainbow Bekah said...

Always love these, I like to listen to them while I edit photos. Thank you for sharing!

Jenniferkindle said...

mandy...not on facebook anymore but we need to get in touch perhaps via email so I can still feature you on my blog :) jenniferkindle@gmail.com. THANKS!

mandyBH said...

Hi!! I'm so glad to meet you!! Thank you for your sweet words!! :) I hope your computer behaves for you soon!

I did a post on how I style my curly hair back in 2008- I go into detail about it and I think this might help you! We curly-haired people have to stick together! :P

http://biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com/2008/03/styling-curly-hair.html

mandyBH said...

Love it!! It's the perfect place, isn't it? :)

Pcha1 said...

My laundry room is my sanctuary too. The hum of the dryer, the smells of softener and warm cotton, and the purr of happy kitties laying on the warm dryer. Plenty of time to reflect on life :)

Hattie said...

Ugh, my computer is messing up and I can't hear the audio. I just wanted to stop in & say hi. I found your blog yesterday and I've loved looking around. Your house is amazing, and so is your beautiful family. Loved listening to your Laundry Devotions yesterday, so hopefully I can get it to work later. Super quick question, I have natural curly hair and was wondering what you use in yours. Love it!!!