Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{what i wore this week} embracing the curves edition

IMG_6958
I want to let you in on a little secret of mine: it took me many years to be happy with the shape of my figure.

I have curves. I will always have curves- no matter what weight or size I am.
IMG_6964
It reminds me of this verse in the Ecclesiastes 7:13: Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

God made me curvy. When I look at what’s beautiful in the magazines and wish for a perfectly straight, tall body, or a small, petite one, I’m not being content with the way God made ME.

Dare I tell my Maker that I’m not satisfied with His creation?

Remember- “He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.” {Mark 7:37}. He has done ALL things well. He can heal the sick, feed the hungry, raise the dead- all because He is the creator of everything.

The Psalmist remembers: “For You formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” {Psalm 139:13}

IMG_7102
He made us. Me. You. Just the way we are. And He did it wonderfully.

IMG_7141
I love my curves because He gave them to me. He wanted me to have them. They are wonderful- because He made them. He doesn’t make mistakes! It’s all about finding our joy and our acceptance in Him.

IMG_7009
My job is to praise Him for His wonderful gifts. Including ones the world may subconsciously tell me is a curse- like curvy hips. Or size 9 feet.

IMG_7050

IMG_7015
Oh, isn’t He amazing? Everything is in His hand.

IMG_7199

He gives us little blessings- like your favorite shoes that happen to ring up for far less than you thought they’d be brand new at the store.

IMG_7221

Those little details that show how much He cares about you.
His love is amazing.

 IMG_7220

Which part of you can you praise Him for today?


Linking up for what i wore wednesday at The Pleated Poppy!


coming tomorrow: a new laundry devotion!
you can also listen to last week's devo now: {on contentment}


Details from top:
shirt- Marshalls, $7. red/orange skirt- free from clothes swap, vintage shoes- $4 GW
Green dress- Gap- $6, shoes- $4 GW, belt- AE, necklace- $1.29 GW
Flower print shirt- A&F, $10, skirt- Hollister $4 /GW, belt- .99 GW, shoes- Payless, $13
Maroon striped shirt- $5 Target, shorts- A&F, belt, .99 GW,  leather sandals- Ann Taylor Loft- $14
Pink dress- Forever 21, $5 GW, leather pumps- Giani Bini, Dillard’s- $29.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...