Tuesday, September 20, 2011

1 hour piano bench makeover

 
A few weeks ago I did this easy piano bench makeover in just an hour!
 
here’s what it looked like before:
 
and the after….!
 
 
I found the bench at Goodwill for just $13, which is a great deal on a nice piano bench with storage! I started the makeover by unscrewing the hardware and removing the lid.
 
 
I put all the tiny pieces in a bag so I wouldn’t lose them.
 
 
Check out how many times it had been recovered!
I think I counted seven different fabrics!
 
 
I taped off the bottom metal leg hardware, and took the bottom outside to spray paint. I gave it a coat of Rustoleum’s white gloss. Rustoleum is one of my favorite spray brands because it’s thick and goes on really evenly.

 
While the paint was drying, I laid my pretty bird fabric over the bench top and cut it to size.
 
 
And then used this DIY-lover’s favorite tool- the staple gun! I pulled one side tight and stapled, then went to the opposite side and did the same so it would be equally tight on both sides.
 
 
I put it all back together and there she is! Gorgeous! I liked it before, but I was really happy with the end result!

 

here’s the project cost breakdown:

bench- $13
spray paint- $1.50 {didn’t even use half of a can}
fabric- {from Hancock, less than 1/2 yard} $4.50
time invested- 1 hour!

total cost: $19

Hope you’re having a great Tuesday!

coming later this week:

the big living room reveal, {what I wore this week}, a new laundry devotion, and part 3 in our current {fitness on friday} series- using technology to exercise @ home!

linking up at:

Tackle it Tuesday!

and Home Stories A to Z!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...