laundry devotion {on trials and suffering}

This week's devotion is about trials and suffering- and we're looking at why we should expect and rejoice in these difficult times in our lives. It's definitely human nature to avoid suffering at all costs, but the Bible has so much to say about why we should rejoice in our suffering. It's hard to ignore the fact that we are going to endure trials at some point, and it's just so important to view them through God's Word as we go through them.


Have you experienced a situation where your personal suffering brought you closer to God, and deepened your faith? I would love it if you could share it if possible- we all need to remember God's faithfulness and it's so helpful to encourage other brothers and sisters who are going through trials right now.


Download this audio devotion by right clicking and saving target as (or download link for Macs) on this link: laundry devotion {on suffering and trials}

About Laundry Devotions:
I tend to think of my laundry room as my prayer closet. I spend a lot of time in there where I get away from everything else while folding clothes (laundry for six keeps a girl busy ;). It's awesome because my hands are busy doing what I'm called to do and I get to spend time with God at the same time. I realized maybe that concept would work for others who are in a super busy stage of life like me. Maybe you are in the car, or at the kitchen sink, or prepping dinner. Whatever you might be doing, I hope this short audio format helps you give you a chance to focus on God even in an unlikely setting, like the laundry room! :)

Grab the Laundry Devotions button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your blog sidebar or post's html!

3 comments

Becca said...

Thank you so much for this devotion. It is something that I needed to be reminded of today.

Betty-Jo said...

Thank you for posting these audio devotions..they are a blessing!

oneroomschoolhouse said...

Thank you for posting these. I'm so glad that I happened upon your blog. I've been inspired and uplifted in so many ways. This devotion really hit home with me.., I'm one who has endured many things in my life. For a while I questioned why these things were happening. One thing after another from the time I was little and still now, in my early 40's. Sexual abuse, abusive neglectful parents, mentally ill mother who was a cocaine addict, the death of my mom, and now a husband who is ill. It took my husbands illness to really put into play the verses that you mentioned. I now know that God has a plan in EVERYTHING. Even the worst things we could ever imagine. These past 5 years have been the hardest, but also the most rewarding times of my life. And I thank God for all that he has allowed to happen in my life. And I'm SO very thankful that he will never give us more than HE can handle.. We just have to fall on our knees and give it to him.. Thank you so much, Mandy for your sweet spirit and for sharing Christ's love with all of your many followers. Blessings!

Angie in Texas