my favorite verses

My favorite verses in all of the Bible are probably these eight of Psalm 34:

1I will bless the LORD at all times;
   his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
   let the humble hear and(E) be glad.
3Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
   and let us exalt his name together!
 4I sought the LORD, and he answered me
   and delivered me from all my fears.
5Those who look to him are radiant,
   and their faces shall never be ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
   and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps
   around those who fear him, and delivers them.
 8Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

I memorized these 8 verses in the 8th grade and they have been my comfort more times than I can even count.

When I couldn't sleep, I recited these words over and over again.

When I was afraid of what might happen with our finances, I heard these words and verse 6 meant so much more to me.

And when I was in labor with my 4th baby and was dreadfully afraid of the pain becoming too much to handle, I recited verse 4 over and over. And He delivered me from all my fears- it was by far the most calm, amazing birth I'd ever experienced. 

What an amazing God we serve, that He can pour His words into our soul and they bring comfort in new ways and with the most perfect timing. I am so thankful for the Word of God! 

Linking up at:



DAES of Our Lives


1 comment

Amanda said...

Thanks for linking up! It truly made my day to meet you in person today! Let's get together some time!