September 7, 2011

{what i wore this week} fall, i love you edition

the most amazing thing happened in Texas this week:

we got a break from the heat!

Our low’s dropped to the high 50’s, and our high temps have been in the mid-80’s. Never in my entire 28 years have I been so happy about the weather changing!

Lower temperatures+September 1st= breaking out the fall clothes!

{close enough, right?}

Leaving August behind meant I said goodbye to peaches and cream and strappy bright sandals:

IMG_2320
shirt- A&F, $10, jeans- Gap/Goodwill (GW), $7 ,
shoes- Payless- $14, necklace- GW, $1.29, earrings- GW ,$2

IMG_2293

and hello to rich purples and reds…

IMG_1930

shirt- AE/GW, $4, jeans- GW, $7, shoes- Payless $14
necklace- GW, $1.29, earrings- GW $2

IMG_1953IMG_1975

dark pumpkin oranges, stripes and trouser jeans…

IMG_2022
shirt- Ross, old, necklace- AE, trousers- Roxy/GW, $7
shoes- GW, $5

deep magenta and saddle colored leathers…

IMG_2002
shirt- Gap, birthday present from a
friend, belt- Target, $3,
jeans- BKE/GW, $7, shoes- Ann Taylor Loft, $16

IMG_2011

cool breezes, army greens and cognac boots… yes!! boots!!!

IMG_2157
dress- Old Navy/GW, $4, jeans- AE/GW, $6, belt, AE
boots- Cole Haan eBay splurge!, earrings- NY&Co, necklace- GW, $1.29

IMG_2126

IMG_2146
why yes, I did pull out the boots,
thank you very much cool breeze. :)

and grays, polka-dots, reds, and chunky necklaces!

IMG_2341

dress- Target, $15, shoes- GW, $4

As they say in Texas, if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change… well, I’m soaking up every single bit of this five minutes!

Linking up at the pleated poppy!

and

26 comments:

  1. wohoooo!!!! I'm so excited for you! I cannot WAIT to see it! so much fun!! I hope you post it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FINALLY found a dress to pair with jeans!!! You totally inspired me to step out of my comfort zone! I wore it today to go shopping and felt amazing! :) I think I might have to post my very first What I Wore post this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog...I check it out everyday along with the pleated poppy....trying to get the courage up to do WIWW. Maybe one day :) Love, love, love your hair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your style! Great looks! =) I esp. love the tunic and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great style and your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these fall colors... you have inspired some color combos for me! :) And you sure got some great deals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, love it! Heheee- I love to thrift so I always end up giving some of them away in a girls summer and winter clothes swap! You could come steal as many as you wanted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Wednesday to you too! Thanks for stopping in! I just love the WIWW community! So much fun to get to know each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you! You're so sweet! I'm glad you had a chance to visit and look around the site! Comments like yours are always so encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww thank you!! I love jewel tones- so excited to wear fall colors again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks!! Target is the best, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks!! So glad you stopped in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, thank you for stopping by to visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. :D I bet you could do it, maybe you're waiting for just the right dress to come along! funny thing, I was a late adapter to the dress/jeans combo but I totally love it now! Thank you for your sweet comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for stopping by!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful hair? Haha! Seriously though, loving the outfits. I *love* that you paired the Old Navy dress with jeans...I could never do it 'cause of my hips, but it works great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your outfits! I love how you have worn those colors with your fabulous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the purple and red look! It screams fall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. #1 I LOVE your hair. It is AWESOME. #2 I would like to steal your clothes. It's like my style but a little dressed up. #3 I appreciate your thriftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the bright colours, the purple top rocks. And the last dress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look beautiful! Those deep jewel tones look amazing with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are gorgeous! I'm thinking any outfit would look great on you :)
    Love love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your color combinations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there! Stopping by from What I Wore Wednesday and I'm so glad I did! Thanks for the fall inspiration and WOW girl, your hair is gorgeous!!!

    Happy Wednesday to you!
    xo.
    Tahnie

    ReplyDelete

Oh, thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one, and try to respond if I can! Thank you for being a part of the {bh} community!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...