day 28: finding nothing at the thrift store {31 days of thrifting}

I got a chance to go thrifting this week, and this was my biggest {and only} find:
 
IMG_5049
A 99 cent scarf.
 
I spent between 30-45 minutes at the store, and came out with nearly nothing to show for it. And I had debated whether the scarf was even worth standing in line for.
 
That’s the life of a thrifter, though isn’t it? You regular thrifters know, the odds that you will find nothing are higher than you’d ever wish them to be.
 
After 27 days of thrifting, it probably seems like I must score the best deals every time I walk in a store, but in reality my finds have been spread over a year or more.  I probably walk out of the thrift store without buying a single thing one out of every three times I go.
 
When you’re thrifting, sometimes you walk out with nothing, but the trick is that you keep going back.
 
{sounds like the definition of insanity, doesn’t it? ha! we thrifters have to be a little crazy anyway! heheh}
 
thrifting tip #18:
 
be persistent.
 
One day you will walk out of the store empty-handed, but on the next trip, you’ll come out with a cart full of the coolest finds ever.
 
In the thrifting world, perseverance pays off, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t have any luck for the first few times you go. If you keep at it, you will see that your patience and persistence will reap big rewards!
 
thrifters, is that true for you? do you have any advice for thrifting newbies?
please tell! :)
_____________________________
 

subscribe to {bh} by email to be entered into the girl's night in October giveaway!

your email address:

 
 
Want to find out why I'm blogging about thrifting for 31 days straight?
here you go! Check out the Nester’s site for more 31 dayers!

 

2 comments

zeelandchick said...

So true...you have to go often. People are dropping stuff off everyday so you never know when you'll hit it big. Just cuz you didn't find anything great today doesn't mean you shouldn't go tomorrow. Yeah, I'm kinda hooked.

stephanie toepel said...

I'm going to start thifting. It is exciting because you don't know what you're going to get.