day 29: thrifty transformations {31 days of thrifting}

Ever wonder what to do with those cute random pillow shams you find at the thrift store?


I turned my $1 find from Goodwill into these two housewarming gifts:



Or maybe you wonder what you should do when you find the most adorable $4 Ann Taylor Loft skirt that's a little too big...with the original $39.50 price tag still attached?


You self-tailor it at home using the quick and easy method!
Try it on inside out, pin it, sew one easy seam, then cut off the extra fabric and you have a perfectly fitting brand new skirt!


Sometimes you have to make your thrift store finds work for you! ;)

_____________________________

only two days left to enter!


subscribe to {bh} by email to be entered into the girl's night in October giveaway!

your email address:


Want to find out why I'm blogging about thrifting for 31 days straight?
here you go! Check out the Nester’s site for more 31 dayers!


7 comments

Meredith said...

I love your blog! I am so glad I stopped by from Women Living Well!!

Love the tutorials, but I most likely not ever have the problem of finding something that is too BIG. :)

Cindy Swanson said...

You're so lovely, and I love your style! I read your "about" section, and I'm so happy there are young mothers like you that really love God and seek to raise your family that way.

I do hope you'll stop by my blog and say hello!

Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

Amanda said...

You have fabulous ideas!!!

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

I love that idea for making the skirt fit! Cute pic of you wearing it too!
I am good at seeing potential in furniture and home decor pieces, but not so much fabric...I'm going to keep these ideas in mind. That pillow is so pretty too!

Kelli- AdventurezNchildRearing said...

great idea! (of course)

Mom Blog Society said...

Love it! Visiting from October Follow Fest! I hope you take the time to stop by my site too! TIP:
Do you ever wonder why your Alexa Rank isn’t where you want it to be?
Join Our Alexa Hop Get Your Alexa Rank DOWN!
http://momblogsociety.com

Stefani said...

What a great idea to use the pillow sham to make a custom pillow. I have some old pillow shams that I didn't want to get rid of (I love the pattern) and now I think I know just what to use them for. Thanks. :-)