day #6: saving some dough {31 days of thrifting}

 
I was so excited to find this sweet little thing for $9.99 at Goodwill!
 
IMG_4194
 
It’s a 2 lb. Cuisinart convection bread maker, and right now it’s still selling on Amazon for $115! It’s such an awesome bread maker- it even beeps at you to tell you to take the paddle out before the final rise. It had been used maybe one time, and came with the original measuring cups, spoons, and instructions!
 
I love my artisan bread- but having hot bread ready and waiting for breakfast is so nice!! It also helps me keep my morning efficiency project on track.
 
I have to tell you, my small appliances are seriously like best friends in the kitchen. And finding one at a thrift store for less than 10% of the original price, be still my beating heart!
 
I think it took a whopping five years of being married before I asked for a kitchen tool for my anniversary present. I never thought I would be that practical, but hey, diamonds won’t make breakfast for you! :D
 
Do you feel the same?
Which would you rather have- jewelry or kitchen stuff?
 
______________________
 
 
Want to find out why I'm blogging about thrifting for 31 days straight?

Wanna join in the fun?
I would love to feature a few of your very best finds as well {you don’t even have to be a blogger!} so email me at mandy at biblicalhomemaking dot com and submit your photo with a few details! That way we can all share in the thrifty goodness! {be warned- it’s slightly addicting! :P}
 
Don’t forget to check back at the Nester's place for lots of other 31 day blogging topics!
 
Grab a button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your sidebar or post's html!

19 comments

Jessica said...

From the hubs jewelry, I can find my appliances cheaper than he can. But receiving gifts is one of my love languages. It doesn't have to be diamonds, but it can't have a motor!

Mwimp1 said...

hmm, i think i will call back monday and see about that - never thought of it that way! thanks!

mandyBH said...

Definitely! :D

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you! I can smell the bread now! :D I have to be careful to make sure the children eat it all before I do! ha! I love it!

mandyBH said...

Thank you! :D

mandyBH said...

Smart boy!! I know, it's hard to go back to regular shopping!! :D

mandyBH said...

Oh, I like your idea!! A helper would be so nice!! Maybe you could bargain with them if you contract for a year's worth! :D

mandyBH said...

I love my KitchenAid too!! and my steam mop! Ahh, the servants of today! They're so nice!!! :D

Morgandesigninc said...

Love it!! Go girl! You are convincing me to remember my GW (love lol) roots and get back to diggin. Good work!

Leigh Anne said...

What a great thrifting find!! I'm all about household stuff for gifts. That's how I got my Dyson, Kitchen Aid mixer, serger, steam mop, iron, and much more. My hubby is really sweet and does get me the occasional "surprise" piece of jewlery :) I do really use all the stuff he has gotten me.....makes life much easier!

Kelli- AdventurezNchildRearing said...

I love love it! thrifting is one of my favorite passtimes - when we aren't camping! lol

Kelli@morebangforyourbucks said...

hmmm think we'll go to GW on our date today! :)

Mwimp1 said...

oh! def the pratical gifts. i told my hubby i only got two ring fingers and they are both covered with wedding ring set and our 5 yr anniversary band. now i ask for vacuum cleaners, haan floor steam cleaner (this was two yrs worth of every present but soooo worth it)! anything to make my life easier is a better present than jewels. this past september was our 14th and i told him i wanted a years worth of house cleaning, once a month, starting in January. we'll see if it comes thru because after i called and checked around i realized how much money that was and i could get our backyard fenced for that! (we live on 2 acres)

Mwimp1 said...

truely is there any other store once you start thrifting. i find myself comparing homegoods and marshalls to GW! my son before he could read knew the GW picture and would always ask if we could stop at every one! lol, even now he asks if we are going to GW if we are at target or walmart before he spends his money on a toy. he tells me. 'momma i can get two at GW.'

Deb McCormick said...

Awesome find at the Goodwill. I have never found anything worth buying at our local GW store. I like your 31 day theme!

Sallie said...

Yay-rah, Goodwill!! As for the jewelry/kitchen stuff question: I'm a practical girl. Give me the kitchen goods! Although, a nice piece of jewelry once or twice in a lifetime would be acceptable.

jgoldinger1 said...

Wow did you score!

Dianntha said...

What a great find. I put my bread maker in the garage for the summer but now you have inspired me to go bring it back in. I do love the smell of fresh bread! Dianntha Oh, I also enjoyed see how you improvised the clothes in an earlier post...too cute.

Erin said...

Oh, I would SO rather have kitchen stuff than jewelry! I got a food processor this year (thrifted off craigslist!) and I LOVE it!