day 9: thrifty reader finds {31 days of thrifting}

I’m so excited to show off some of your thrifty finds today! From what I’ve been reading from you, it sounds like you guys are pretty amazing thrifters! And I’m loving all the crazy finds you’ve listed over here- both hilarious and amazing! You guys have me laughing and cheering every day! You should definitely check it out if you want a laugh or two!

To start us off, Jenn B. from Cary, North Carolina, sent us her awesome finds:

013 She writes:

I attached a photo of a the sofa table (free) that I found in my mom’s shed. I painted it (with paint I had) and distressed it. 

The jar on the left was found at Goodwill for $1.75 and the candle holders also at Goodwill for 99 cents. The crate on the bottom with the mason jar were free items that my church was tossing. The picture frame was $2.99 from Marshall's.  My splurge item (hehehe), the starfish was $4.00 from the market in Charleston.

My project was a total of $9.75.

The second picture is of an owl that I painted white. Found it at the Habitat for Humanity for $7.

005

Okay, that owl is so stinkin’ cool! And I love the sofa table décor! She did a great job, didn’t she?

And Nicole M. writes in about her good fortune at the Goodwill Outlet {wait, how have I never been to one of these?! I want to go! :D}:

I actually shop at the Goodwill Outlet. They weigh the clothes and charge $2 a pound!! I find so many designer items for just a few dollars. Even new clothes with tags! Also home items, most for just $1 each! They also have dollar furniture sales, I got my son's desk and chair for $2 total. I have so many GREAT thrifted items to show you. I post most of them on my blog here are the links:

Great job, Nicole!! I love your finds! Can I come shopping with you? ;)

And Sylvia M. gives us the story behind her thrifty finds:

DSC00012DSC00013

Today I went to a local charity thrift store because every month for the first seven days, everything is 50% off!

I spent $4.84 today and walked out with a black silk Lane Bryant cocktail dress with the original tag showing $79.50 and a Nordstrom Point of View purple cotton/spandex tunic, plus a few packages of vintage rickrack for future projects. The black Lane Bryant dress cost me $1! The Nordstrom tunic was only $3.

Alas, when I tried them on at home the tunic did nothing for me even though it fit. It would be better on a slimmer body and the black cocktail dress was too large though stylishly cut.

They are being forwarded to my slim friend and her mother's caregiver. She gets excited over thrift store finds too, so I know they will be well received.

Thrift Lesson Learned: When you make a goof in your thrift shopping, find a new home for the item or just re-cycle it to another store.

Love it! Great lesson isn’t it? Awesome job, thrifters!! You guys keep up the good work!! :D

 

Wanna join in the fun?
I would love to feature a few of your very best finds as well {you don’t even have to be a blogger!} so email me at mandy at biblicalhomemaking dot com and submit your photo or link with a few details! That way we can all share in the thrifty goodness! {be warned- it’s slightly addicting! :P}
___________________________________
 
subscribe to {bh} by email to be entered into the October giveaway!

your email address:

:: follow on facebook ::
::
follow by rss feed ::
::
follow on twitter ::

Want to find out why I'm blogging about thrifting for 31 days straight?
 
Don’t forget to check back at the Nester's place for lots of other 31 day blogging topics!
 
Grab a button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your sidebar or post's html!

2 comments

Nicole said...

Thank you for featuring my thrifted finds! Of course you could come chopping with me, anytime!

Mwimp1 said...

so cute all the items!~