thrifted find #2 + digging for treasure {31 days of thrifting}

Another favorite thrifted find:
 
coach
 
A Coach swingpack for $1.99! I found it at the bottom of a cart underneath a bunch of other plastic and vinyl purses and bags. It was horribly dirty, but I figured it was worth $2 to see what I could do with it!
It cleaned up pretty nice, didn’t it?
 
I washed it and resold it on eBay for $35 plus shipping the next week. Hey!
 
I’ll take that deal.
 
Which leads me to:
 
thrifting tip #2.
 
Be prepared to dig.
Once you’re okay with the umm…differentatmosphere of a thrift store, you have to be ready to dig for the treasure. You will see piles of what seems like worthless junk at first glance, but in my experience, the best stuff is rarely at the top of the pile.
 
You’ll see what I mean soon enough…
 
let’s just say I’ve got a little somethin’ up my sleeve for tomorrow’s post.
 
heh heh. :)
 
 
Okay, so I loved hearing about your thrift stores yesterday! I’m glad to know most thrift stores are pretty much like ours down here in Texas!
 
I’m loving your finds too! I’ve got a few reader finds lined up to show you all this week, so keep sending them in if you’d like me to feature yours as well! How much fun is that?!
 
So tell me, have you found something awesome hidden in a pile of junk at your thrift store? I’m all ears!
 
_________________________________
 
 
Want to find out why I'm blogging about thrifting for 31 days straight?

Wanna join in the fun?
I would love to feature a few of your very best finds as well {you don’t even have to be a blogger!} so email me at mandy at biblicalhomemaking dot com and submit your photo with a few details! That way we can all share in the thrifty goodness! {be warned- it’s slightly addicting! :P}
 
Don’t forget to check back at the Nester's place for lots of other 31 day blogging topics!
 
Grab a button!
Just copy and paste the code below into your sidebar or post's html!

8 comments

Amanda said...

I'm itching itching itching for a coach purse!! Every time I go to GW and the thrift store I keep my eye out! I found one at a GW in Fort Worth but it was marked $45 - so um, no that's not gonna work for me! :)

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

Hey, just jumped over here from the 31 days of change link page, this will be so fun reading all of these awesome blogs and I'll enjoy meeting this challenge. Your post made me giggle b/c my mom was and is notorious for hiding things in thrift shops until the 1/2 price day and then she'd go back and retrieve her loot. Sometimes it's still right where she left it, sometimes it's not. I think she just loves the thrill of the game.

Tauja @ Simply Mod Mom said...

You just might be my long lost sister!! I'm all for thrifting & sometimes re-selling items on Ebay! I recently found a Pottery Barn crib bumper for $2.50 and resold it on Ebay for $50!! Score!!

Great blog-I'm one of your newest followers!! Looking forward to seeing your finds & tips!!

Kelli- AdventurezNchildRearing said...

you had me at "Hello Good Deal" - following along! I'm doing #31 days of Exploring God's Creation - I would love to sport your button on my posts- I'm looking for a couple of good "fits" to exchange buttons with- check out my site and see what you think about supporting each other through this journey

(oh, and I have a couple of great thrift finds for ya! I just repainted my Homeschool Hutch that I bought for under $100 - solid oak, great lines- You can see it here: http://www.adventurezinchildrearing.com/2011/09/our-life-this-week.html - I found one similar on the web - pinned it- for over $2000 - I am actually still going to sand it a little more & do an antique finish- but I love it even just as it is)

enjoy your week- look forward to getting to "know" ya better!

Carole Murphy said...

So glad I found your blog. I just love thrift stores! Looking forward to your series. Grabbed your button, BTW, and following you now.

Franchesca Cox said...

OOoh! I LOVE thrift stores!!! What a great idea :)

DogsMom said...

Recently I stopped into a local thrift on impulse. I saw some perfume bottles that were a quarter apiece. I was going to gift them to an acquaintance. When I got home and looked them up online I see they are valued closer to ten dollars each.
Now I am unsure if I should gift them or sell and buy her something else!

Pamela said...

What a great find. I would love to do the yard sale and thrift shop tour, but I don't have time. Someday.