five random facts and a question for you

I always love getting to know you guys, and I so enjoy getting to find out random things about people, so I thought I would share some about me too! {I'd so love to hear your random things in the comments if you have 'em!} :D

Anyway, here are five random facts about me:

1. I love {I mean really love...okay, like can't live without} Diet Dr. Pepper. It's so, so good.
2. I graduated from a tiny Christian school, and had 14 other people in my senior class. 
We were a tight group! 

3. My first baby weighed 9lbs, 9oz, and I was induced 5 days after he was due. His birthday just happened to fall right between mine and my husbands- mine is the 17th, hubs is the 23rd, and Elijah was born on the 20th. We have three birthdays in six days!


4. I have no idea how many people are coming to Thanksgiving at my house this year. I've given out at least a dozen extra invitations to friends and strangers trying to share my feast, and I'm crazy excited about it! I would be thrilled if I had one person I invited that showed up! 





5. I've had these verses from Titus 3 on my heart a lot lately, and I just think they are fantastic practical commands for daily living. Sometimes we get overwhelmed at how many commands we have, but these are so simple: 



Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. 3 For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. 
 4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  
8 The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people.
So, so many good things there!! God is so amazing!!

I think a new laundry devotion is coming next week... ;) Wohoo! I've so missed them!! 


Question: What do you guys think about going through a specific section of Scripture starting in January- working together to study God's Word in small chunks each week, with a forum of some kind to discuss it all? I'd love to hear your thoughts if that is something you would be interested in!

Linking up for Five Things Thursday!

19 comments

Akmomma84 said...

I really enjoy your blog. We have two things in common on this article: I also graduated from a small Christian school, class of 18 (nine guys, nine girls), and My husband's birthday is 8/25, my daughter's is 8/26, and mine is 9/1! Isn't it fun to celebrate them so close together? :)

mandyBH said...

Oh, no, you have to give it up? Say it isn't so!! I'm so sorry. I would love to have you join on the study- I'm not sure what it will be over just yet, but I will keep you posted! Thank you for reading along!! :D I love that you have an Elijah too!

mandyBH said...

So glad you stopped in! And it's good to know I'm not alone in my love for ddp! :D

Trish said...

mmmmm... LOVE Dr. Pepper too. I just found your blog last week through the Pleated Poppy. Cute ;)

Kristin said...

My first 2 babies were 9 pounds, 4 ounces each, and then my last 3 were only 7 pounds (but all three of them were early, too)!

We don't have any birthdays that close in our house, but we do have four birthdays in a 1 month span with our anniversary sandwiched in that month, too.

ellie said...

hi! i'm a new reader and have to say that i love love love ddp also :) though i have been seriously working to give it up {sob} i also have an elijah!

the scripture study idea would depend on what you are studying! i am thinking of mixing it up in 2012 and only read from 'the message' - am loving the fresh perspective i am getting from that 'oh so readable' version.

love your blog!

xo ellie

Darlene Schacht said...

Popping through and was drawn in by the title of your blog. Also, I have to agree with #1. Yum! ;)

Leah said...

I love that idea - I would be in! Also, can't wait for another laundry devotion...pretty sure I've listened to all of them twice!! So good :)

Guest said...

I love, love, love Pepsi. Trying to cut back though. That stuff can be a little addictive. : )

mandyBH said...

Hehee u know it! I love soda and its so hard to cut back!

mandyBH said...

Oh yay!! I will keep you posted then! Thank you for listening- you are so sweet! :)

mandyBH said...

whoa! 4 is a lot- that's a lot of cake in one month! :D My last two babies got smaller too!

mandyBH said...

Thanks! we dp fans have to stick together, don't we? ;)

Michelle Norris Wimp said...

sorry so late commenting - its been crazy!
ABSOLUTELY resounding yes to the bible study - i luv doing this kind of thing, every person can read the same passage and get a different view on it. i luv to look at it from a different perspective, sometimes makes something we don't understand or cant wrap our head around much easier!

Michelle Norris Wimp said...

ok and five random things-
1) i do not drink soda, if its all someone has i will drink sprite but prefer 1/2 sweet1/2 unsweet tea and water.
2)i'm actually a *VERY* shy, quiet and worrisome person, like horrible anxiety worry abt everything that could never happen but all the ingrediants for it to happen DO exist there for there is a .0000000001% chance of it ever happening so therefore i must have not one but two plans to deal with it. (yea, total anxiety case)
3)one saying i repeat to myself numerous times daily is "cast all ur cares upon him" to help me deal with #2
4)all i've ever wanted to be was a wife and momma!
5)i'm a lazy crafter - i do *not* want to do all the tedious part of the crafting i buy all that stuff predone and justify it by saying that i'm allowing people to earn a living by being lazy!

mandyBH said...

Wohoo! I think we have a group! :D

mandyBH said...

Aww, I love it! :D thank you for sharing!! I know exactly what you mean about crafting too! :D Sometimes it's just better to buy! Will pray for your anxiety- sometimes I get overwhelmed and anxious too.

Kristi said...

Staying with the Dr. Pepper theme, I did not drink Dr. Pepper until I moved to Texas (wow 15 years ago now at the ripe old age of 18). Then I went through a phase where I was drinking like 3 cans a day at least. I have cut back A LOT (especially since I am expecting) but I still LOVE it!
While I am not an especially religious person, theology and religion has always intrigued me. It is always enlightening to learn from others and read their perspectives on different verses.

Lydia Nelson said...

I knew I liked you diet Dr pepper is THE best :) as for your question..i would love to jump into the Word in that setting, are you thinking Titus?