Wednesday, November 02, 2011

pretending to be the pioneer woman

I love the Pioneer Woman. She’s a pretty awesome lady! She lives in Oklahoma on a ranch, and has a way with words {and pictures of horses}! If you haven’t read her blog yet, wait until you have a couple of hours days. You will laugh, cry, and everything in between. It’s amazing.

We went to Oklahoma last weekend and spent a couple of days out in the country with my family- it was such a fun break after the craziest month ever! The prairies of Oklahoma somehow gave me the desire to take lots of pictures of horses and trees. That and breathe a little deeper for two days. And eat lots of barbecue.

I forgot to care a bit about what I wore while I was there {or what I looked like for that matter!} until the hubs snapped these pics. So here is your accidental what I wore post of how I would look if I lived out in the big {tiny!} city of Boswell, Oklahoma, rode horses, and ate barbecue:

IMG_5204

IMG_5210

IMG_5094

It was such a fun weekend, denim jackets, sweaters, and riding boots included! It was chilly in the mornings, and lovely later in the day- perfect for fall!

Oh, and I almost forgot the horse and tree pictures for you! Take a deep breath, smell the sweet dried grass, and pretend your relaxing on a ranch in Oklahoma for me, m’kay?

IMG_5066

IMG_5061

IMG_5198

IMG_5253

Hope you’re having a relaxing Wednesday {now}! ;)

linking up at the pleated poppy!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Love PW! Have you made her cinnamon rolls yet? If not, I highly recommend them for the holidays. A little labor intensive but SOOOO delicious! Plus the recipe makes a lot and freezes well.

Annanichols84 said...

LOVE your blog! i'm so encouraged by your thrifting... for our Lord's glory! :)

Michelle Norris Wimp said...

OK calls to my soul, everytime we go there to visit with my inlaws and family, i feel it calling so much more than the last time. i know one of these days i won't be able to resist the pull.

Windy said...

I can't tell which I like better: the photos of your outfits, or the photos of the scenery. Tough call.

Jodi said...

Huge PW fan... how fun you got to see similar country to where she is. I love your outfit with the yellow bag - so cute!

Sarah Thomas said...

Gorgeous photos! You do remind me of PW with that red hair!!

Lisa said...

How fun spending time out on a ranch! My in-laws have a horse ranch in Wisconsin and it looks very similar to Oklahoma. I like your country inspired outfit, your boots are cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...