thrifty thursday #1

After a couple of weeks off from the month long series, I figured I'd bring back a little thrifting find today!

the story:

I got my first huge crockpot my freshman semester in college. It was a Christmas gift from my mom. She promised I would love it. I had just turned 18,  and though I loved to cook, to be honest, a full sized Crock Pot didn't quite thrill me {sorry, mom!}. Fast forward a few years and the Crock Pot became a regular friend, and after 10 years and several uses later it had some serious dents, rust, and multiple cracks in the ceramic! So turns out moms are always right- I did love it!

I was looking to replace it with a newer model with a timer on it- hopefully thrifted, since I wasn't willing to pay $40 for another one.

I was so excited to find the exact model I wanted brand new at Goodwill for $8!


I love it when that happens!

P.S. Did you know you can make spaghetti marinara in the Crock Pot? I usually just make up my own recipe with a Sam's Club sized can of diced tomatoes, and seasonings {ok, and a little butter too- don't tell! ;) }, but this recipe looks yummy too!

2 comments

Molly said...

I love reading your blog (I found you through The Nester's 31 Days series) and have been inspired to start thrifting!! I have found some good deals already at local benefit stores.
Just wanted to share a shopping website with you-- since we both love a good deal-- it's mjrsales.com and it has awesome prices with $2 shipping per item. Take care!
Molly

Ginger Monroe said...

No fair! I paid full price for that crock-pot (which I love.)