{what i wore this week} warm and cozy edition

We came back from vacation to 80 degree temps and one week later it's sweater time! Whoop! Yay for changing Texas weather!

Sweaters seem to be one of my staples in the winter, so I'll usually end up buying one or two cute ones at a good sale price at the beginning of the season. I think neutral sweaters are a great investment for your wardrobe, especially since you can wear them over and over again.

I got to pair a $20 swingy Old Navy sweater with my eBay Cole Haan leather boots, my thrifted $7 AE skinny jeans and my $6 army green Old Navy dress:


 I loved pulling out the $4 thrifted plaid and another $20 cardigan to go with my $9 blue AE clearance cords!



And I think this was my favorite: another clearance $10 J. Crew top with my new wool skirt from Land's End Canvas- it was a super deal at $12!



 I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?!

17 comments

Amy Hughes said...

Absolutely love the plaid and also the wool skirt! You have officially inspired me to thrift!!

<3
Amy
www.love-bug-blog.com

mandyBH said...

Oh, yay! That's so exciting! I hope you have good luck! :D And that you had a great Thanksgiving too!

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

You are stunning and those outfits are great finds! I love how you put it all together. Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well:)

Joy said...

You are adorable! If you ever decide to take clients and become a persona shopper, sign me up! There is no thrifting over here!!! :)

SouthernScraps said...

As always, you are adorable!

mandyBH said...

awww, thank you! :)

mandyBH said...

Thank you! :D

SortaCrunchy said...

WOW! I am DYING over your plaid top. I have been searching thrift stores high and low for a great plaid top and I just cannot find one. I LOVE (!!!) that one and the cardi over it is just perfect. Gorgeous outfits, mama. And your hair is fantastic!

Lisa said...

I love coming to your blog on Wednesdays and checking out what you wear. It's always adorable and thrifty! You inspire me to go to thrift shops and only buy clearance clothes :) Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jill said...

You are a doll! Everything looks good on you~

http://www.glamamom.com/2011/11/mode-monday-lucky.html

Swimshannon83 said...

I love your first outfit that is so cute!
I am giving an art work away over on Chasing Davies, just in case you want to join the giveaway!
http://chasingdavies.blogspot.com/2011/11/print-giveaway.html

Hannah-Bell said...

Girl you are insanely beautiful!! I absolutely LOVE all three of your outfits. The second one is VERY flattering on you. :) Isn't it fun how we can wear belts with so much nowadays? I'm 8 months pregnant and it's even cute for us preggos to wear them above our baby belly. :) Keep being beautiful, on the inside and out.

Chrissy Johnson said...

Adorable! Thrifted label items are amazing finds! And I really like your blog name/header, thank you for being such a witness in the blogging community!

www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

mandyBH said...

Awww thank you! :D That would be such an awesome job! Next time you come back over we should go thrifting!! That would be so much fun! Are you coming over for Blissdom in February? :D

mandyBH said...

Thank you Chrissy! You are so sweet!!

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you!! It's an AE shirt that I loved at first sight! I hope you find one soon! thank you for your sweet comments! :D

mandyBH said...

Thank you! :D