Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{what i wore this week} leather, stripes, & eBay edition

Our winter has been so mild in Texas this year! It was in the 70’s last week, so it’s pretty much jacket weather around here these days, even with lots of rain. Sweaters, boots and leather jackets were pretty much the theme this week!

I shared a little about my moto jacket find in my post over at Roo Magazine yesterday- I wanted a dark leather jacket- so I waited and searched in the spring and was completely over the moon about scoring it brand new with tags on eBay last spring for only $28- a total steal for a brand new leather jacket! My local Goodwill charges $30-$50 minimum for a used, dingy one! {the exception being my $5 white one I found in Dallas! that was crazy! Having four kids and being accident-prone, I didn’t really need a white one, so after all was said and done I ended up giving it to a friend who could use it!}.

IMG_6876
I was almost equally as excited this fall to score these Seven for All Mankind jeans in the perfect length and my favorite wash for only $6 from Goodwill. :) The shirt and shoes came in as the most expensive items of the outfit- the leather Giani Bini’s were $28 clearance at Dillard’s, and the striped shirt was $14ish from Ann Taylor Loft.

Oh, and I can’t stop with the stripes. I love them {as you will see!!}!

IMG_6891IMG_6923

And apparently I’m not the only one who loves them- last week Lindsey posted all about her love for stripes, and I just fell in love with one of her outfit pins:

Source: twinyolks.com via lindsey on Pinterest

I loved it so much, I wanted to copy it with what I had in my closet {a striped AE shirt and my clearance wool skirt!} and make it a little more wintery:

IMG_7605

I kind of liked it! I added my green Target cardigan {$17} and my $50 Target boots from last year. With my love for stripes and bouncy skirts I think I might be able to pull off one more version of it! I loved that one!

IMG_7620

IMG_7618

And then I think this outfit was my favorite one this week! I’ve worn this A&F striped sweater for a long time and I think I’ve almost worn it out- I had to patch a hole in it this week. :) I bought the floral tank on clearance at the same time, and paired them both with my $7 thrifted jeans.

IMG_7715

And the boots are one of my more recent eBay purchases.

I have a little confession: I’m a clothing trader! Someday I’ll have to do an entire post about it, but basically I try to buy and sell my clothing to make a profit or at least to try to break even.

So, being the bay-trader {ha!} that I am, I’ve decided to sell these:

boots

in exchange for these cognac Frye’s! I would keep them both if I could and sell something else, but they are similar styles, and I don’t want to have multiples of a pricier item when it’s selling season for it. I don’t know if I will make money or not, but I should break even for sure!

IMG_7707

So tell me, do you eBay your clothes too?

I ‘fessed up, so now it’s your turn! :D

Don’t forget to check out the giveaway for the ebook, Create Your Perfect Cleaning Schedule! Only one day left to enter!

linking up at the pleated poppy for what I wore wednesday!

38 comments:

Ania said...

that jacket is awesome, I love the military details on the front.

Kayla Janachovsky said...

Visiting from What I Wore Wednesday and you look AMAZING in those outfits. I love your leather jacket. I'd love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Just found you from the pleated poppy! These outfit pics are adorable! and I LOVE your hair!!

mandyBH said...

Thank you for your sweet words!! :D I'm so glad you stopped in to say hi!

mandyBH said...

aww, thank you friend! :D

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you Katie! I'm so glad you are here! thank you for your sweet words! :D

mandyBH said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you are here! Thank you for following along! :D

Makaila said...

Now that I see what can be found on there, I'm def going to try out Ebay. LOVE the jacket! And your style. :)

Meagan said...

Oh my goodness, you are beautiful! The stripes are fabulous on you. LOVE the new jacket and Lindsey's pin inspired outfit- swoon! The pin was adorable, but your pairing was even better! So cute. Love that you are so thrifty, too!

SouthernScraps said...

The jacket is a great find, and the stripes and skirt are adorable!

Elyssa McDowell said...

Love the jacket! I pinned the same picture from Lindsey! I love your interpretation of it! I think I like what you did better than the original.

Stacey said...

I love all the outfits so much I'm not sure which one I like best! Love how you pull items together! (I need to try the stripes and floral look - love it!)

I have not bought clothing on Ebay - but I've heard it is great for designer clothing. I need to find my perfect fit for jeans and hunt them down.

Melanie Cantelmo said...

I love your green striped sweater!

Tonya @ Love of Family & Home said...

You are so pretty! Love your red curls! Loving all of your outfits this week too! The striped shirt, skirt, & boots were my favorite though!

Amber said...

You always look beautiful :) I don't buy much on ebay (except cloth diapers and I did buy my baby boy some Robeez) but I do like looking on there. Once in awhile I sell things that I think will sell. My husband does really good selling on ebay. I mostly shop at our local Goodwill. My husband found my a brand new pair of black dress boots that where from Target for $7.99

Kevinandnicoleplus2 said...

I do the same thing! But I sell mine at a local consignment store and I always make a money since I primarily shop at Goodwill.

Lisa @ MMT said...

I've never tried ebay, but maybe I should! I have a ton of (like 30) pairs of jeans that are to big. I keep saving them for pregnancy, but who am I kidding, I will only wear sweats then ;) Thanks for the idea of selling them on ebay!
You always look so beautiful! Love your style & your hair! Oh my, I've always dreamed of curly hair!

Jeanna Paulhamus said...

You look amazing! Love the boots. I have never tried to sell or trade my clothes on ebay... Does it really work? I will so have to look into that.

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.com

jessica said...

I love that olive colored dress in the 2nd to the last picture! Where did you get it? What a great find with that jacket!

mandyBH said...

Awww, thank you! I just love pinterest- so many great ideas there!

mandyBH said...

Thank you Stacey! I would definitely try on a few pairs at the store and see which brand fits you like you like- I love Hudson's- they almost always fit the same way! Seven's are extremely varied, so you will want to look for measurements if you find a pair on eBay. Good luck!! :D

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you Meagan!! :D You are so sweet and encouraging!! thank you!

mandyBH said...

Thank you! :D

mandyBH said...

That's awesome!! Go girlie!

mandyBH said...

Thank you Lisa!! You are so sweet!!

Good luck selling on eBay! :D

mandyBH said...

Oh thank you, Amber! That's an awesome deal!! I love Target surplus items!! Goodwill is definitely my favorite place to shop too! :D

mandyBH said...

Thank you!! :D Yeah, definitely. If you have name brands like LOFT or Gap or Banana Republic, you will have pretty good luck. Cheaper clothing sells better in large lots, or you could list it out and sell it on Craigslist to avoid fees if you can!

mandyBH said...

It was $4-$5 from Goodwill, and it's from Old Navy originally! :D Thank you!!

mandyBH said...

Thank you, Makaila! Good luck!!

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Adorable outfits! I love the skirt with the green cardigan! Visiting from The Pleated Poppy :)

kelli said...

You are so stinkin' cute! I LOVE that jacket and it looks amazing on you! Such a pretty lady inside and out. :)

Who is Tiffany said...

Love your leather jacket look! And the green striped cardigan outfit. The colors really compliment your gorgeous hair :)

christi said...

I love stripes! Love the green cardigan!

Lesley @ the floyd boys said...

Hey lady! Came across your blog from the pleated poppy. I love your style and your gorgeous hair! so excited to be a new follower :)

Hattie@godlovehim said...

Had to pin your striped sweater to pinterest. Hope you don't mind! I just love your sty;e! So beautiful!

verytweety said...

Did you make that gray skirt? Do you know what kind of fabric it is made out of? Because I want to make one that looks just like yours. :)

-Hannah Rebekah
www.hannahs-tiny-corner.blogspot.com

mandyBH said...

I didn't, it was from lands end canvas, but it's wool and very sturdy though if you're looking for fabric! :)

April said...

Oh, that leather jacket is AMAZING! I need one just like that! And I love your hair. Is it naturally that red? I have red too, but it's a tad darker...not as beautiful though!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...