Monday, February 27, 2012

blissdom ‘12 recap = food, friends, and flying

I had the chance to go to Blissdom ‘12 {a blogging conference} last weekend! Abbie {my before-blogging bestie} and I headed out on Thursday morning to Nashville for a fun little girls’ weekend away!

I had never flown without the hubs before, so I had to actually pay attention to the flight attendant giving the oxygen mask instructions. Heh.

Two hour layovers? No problem, they have T.G.I. Friday’s and Chili’s!

 

When we arrived we were given a bag full of swag! My favorite piece: a custom lisa leonard designs necklace made just for Blissdom! How awesome is that?

IMG_8931

Jon Acuff was the keynote speaker. He is a talented and hilarious person!

My very favorite quote from it was this:

“don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.”

IMG_8888

At the end he told us he felt like Oprah because he was giving us all a copy of his book to take home! :D We felt like we were on Oprah too- because we all wanted to read it by the end and were cheering when he told us!

We were excited to meet this guy from our childhood too {wink}:

IMG_8905

We learned some helpful tips in our breakout sessions:

IMG_8926
{another lady commented that was lots of hair for one picture! ha!}

We had catered breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that we didn’t have to make or clean up! whoop!

IMG_8897

They made us feel quite glamorous. Hey, they even took our headshots! :D
Now that was a funny feeling- I hadn’t had my picture professionally taken since my bridal portraits!

IMG_8896

Lots and lots of estrogen happening:

IMG_8890

We made new friends too! This is Erin from Two Story Cottage!

IMG_8912

Oh, I also want to introduce you to all the other awesome friends I made there that I wish I’d gotten a picture with, but that’ll have to be another post. :D

And the hotel was beautiful!

IMG_8907

IMG_8935

I learned so much from the session with Tsh from Simple Mom. She offered lots of practical tips and had an open Q&A at the end. It was neat to listen to her in person!

IMG_8914

We also got to chat with these ladies you might recognize: Lisa from lisa leonard designs, and Lindsey from the pleated poppy. They were so sweet! It was so much fun getting to visit with them in real life too!

IMG_8920

We flew back to Texas and were met by this gorgeous sunset:

IMG_8938

and these lovely people! Aren’t they the cutest ever? Oh my goodness!

Lots of hugs and kisses were happening!

IMG_8940

And even after a lovely time away, it felt so good to be home in the arms of this guy:

IMG_8943

Now it’s back to regular life again.
The most exciting thing: I love it and I wouldn’t trade it for anything! :D

follow {bh}
:: subscribe by email :: follow by rss feed :: follow on facebook :: follow on twitter ::

13 comments:

Ellen Evans said...

Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle was my favorite quote too by Acuff.

Holly said...

Looks like you had a blast! My husband works at the hotel. It is pretty awesome!

Kelly Munger said...

It looks like a wonderful time! The hotel looks beautiful! And Jon Acuff (or SCL guy in our house!) as the keynote?!? How fun!

Amanda said...

I bet y'all had the best time!! I've got to go next year!

Peak313 said...

Awesome! Glad you had a great time!

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

You are both beautiful inside and out - it was wonderful getting to meet you! I look forward to seeing your blog and getting to know you that way better also!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Great recap!! I'm going to have to snag a copy of that picture. Thanks for including me and I told my husband all about you & Abbie when I got home!! Can't wait to really follow along with you both this year. In the meantime I'll be combing the archives in my spare time. We are SO much alike it is crazy except I think you eat healthier. I am a fitness person too and a foodie! And our family room is sea salt. And I love fashion! :) :)

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I can't even remember what rabbit trail led me to you today, but OH my goodness I'm so glad it did! I am LOVING your blog! You are a thrifting girl after my own heart. And seriously, your hair?! Amazing! lol I am totally jealous. So happy to have found you - I'm your newest follower! :)

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you! it was so nice to meet you too Becky!! I can't wait to catch up on your archives!! I need your organizing help! :D

mandyBH said...

It was! :D thank you Kelly!

mandyBH said...

Oh I'm so glad you are here Jessica!! :D Thank you for reading! and it's so good to meet another thrifter online! It's hard to go back again isn't it?
:DD

mandyBH said...

Oh that's so cool! And I realized I totally loved your clothing style too when I saw you in the blue and green dress! wow! And your dining room and mud room and living room! Ha! So awesome! What's your favorite fitness thing to do? Please feel free to steal any pics!

Remaburghul said...

That is SO sweet how they greeted you with signs and flowers :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...