Friday, February 24, 2012

quick & easy veggie calzones

I'm a huge fan of calzones made with just the right ingredients. I love parmesan cheese {and feta too!} and I'm ecstatic when I find things to make that involve them in a very good way!

I had a puff pastry waiting to be used in the fridge, so the other day I pulled it out to thaw and made one of these bad boys:


This crispy veggie calzone was so easy to make! {and even easier to eat every bite of... :P}

All you need to make them is a puff pastry sheet {found in the frozen section at Walmart in packs of two}, a little pizza sauce, parmesan or feta cheese, spinach, and anything else you'd like! {I think chicken and sun-dried tomatoes would be fabulous!}.

They are so simple! Here's all you do:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, then spray your cooking sheet with Pam. Take your thawed pastry and spread pizza sauce and add your toppings {the more the merrier, though tomatoes might make it a little runny!}. I like less toppings and lots of crust, but that's just me!


Sprinkle on tiny bit of garlic salt over your toppings.

Fold the sheet in half, brush the edges lightly with water, then press and seal edges:


Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown:


Let it cool for about 5 minutes, cut and then serve! 


A crispy, fresh take on calzones in about 20 minutes! I'm loving it!
{I'm not entirely sure pizza should be this easy to make! :P yum.}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...