Thursday, February 16, 2012

thrifting finds + an anthropologie mug look-alike

IMG_8593

I mentioned on Monday that I scored a few fun thrifted finds last weekend in Dallas- I was looking for more $10 business items to sell, but I didn’t really find any bags or awesome steals. Saturday night is not the best time to find thrifted items-  it’s the one day everyone shops and the staff don’t usually restock like they do on the weekdays.

But I still managed to find a few cute things! We went to two stand-alone thrift stores on the sketchier side of town and even with my all of my thrifting experience, I was surprised at the condition of the stores- clothes were on the floor everywhere, and the items and the stores themselves were very dirty. I’m thinking I will stick with Goodwill and chain stores from now on. :)

Here’s what I found at Goodwill {my knight in shining thrifting armor}:

A pair of Nine West red leather heels: $4.99 {soooo comfy!}

IMG_8599

A brand new chair cushion from World Market {that I’d just seen at the actual store the same day!}, $2, and a pair of funky red candle holders, $2 for both.

IMG_8596

We scored a pair of girlie crocs for this summer {with 4 kids- we LOVE crocs at our house!}: $2, along with a super cute polka-dot 3T Gymboree sweater for $2.

IMG_8592

And a Hollister jacket for $1.99 and this cute dress {that matches the heels!} for $5.99:

IMG_8593

And this Dutch Wax mug was a non-thrifted Marshall’s find for $3.99:

IMG_8607

And $4 isn’t exactly a steal for a mug, but when you love the $12 Anthropologie version:

anthro

You’re very excited to find a look-alike on the cheap! :) I’m finally getting ready for that kitchen renovation next month! I found a few fun things for the kitchen too but those will have to wait for the big reveal! ;) So fun!

Have you found any great deals lately? I’d love to hear! Leave me a link if you wrote about it- I’d love to read about it! :)

 

follow {bh}
:: subscribe by email :: follow by rss feed :: follow on facebook :: follow on twitter ::

7 comments:

Mary said...

Love those mugs! I have six from marshalls in different styles! So cute and a great deal too! :)

Shea Cooper said...

The Dutch Wax mugs are actually quite pricey, I picked up two of them at TJ Maxx for $5 each, and now am wanting a few more, and having a tough time finding them anywhere! All my online searches have them at $10 to $15 per mug, and I've searched a few other local stores with no luck. So, they are worth about as much if not more than the Anthropologie mugs!

Emily Geleske said...

You found some great things! I love the mug - Anthro style is to die for, but so are their prices...literally! :)

Amanda said...

Wow. You had some great finds! There is nothing like thrifting! Seriously. I would love for you to check out my thrifty finds {and decorating series}
http://www.redbarncandlecompany.com/2012/02/thrifty-side-table-decor.html
Love your blog! So happy to have found ya!
~Amanda

Amanda said...

Woops. Here is the link to my blog. So sorry about that! :)
http://www.redbarncandlecompany.com/2012/02/thrifty-side-table-decor.html

Orangies Attic said...

You did GOOD! Here's the latest from my most recent thrifting trips... http://orangiesattic.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-finds.html

Finding My Way said...

Where do you find all these amazing finds? The GW near has just has junk and it's always super crowded so there its hard to really search through everything. Have any ideas for other places to try?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...