Wednesday, February 29, 2012

what i wore this week {blissdom edition}

wondering what this series is about? read here to find out more…

Okay, you guys, I didn’t know that I looked like a Texan.

Apparently I do. :)

So Abbie and I went to Blissdom last weekend, and we’re in the airport on our way home from Nashville when the TSA agent asks me where I’m from. I smile and tell him Texas, and he says to me, “you look like you’re from Texas!”

Now that is funny. Are we Texans really that easy to spot?

I don’t really have a Texan accent. Most people in Texas guess I’m from up north, actually {which I’m not}.

I glance down at my outfit to see if it happened to be screaming “Texan”:

IMG_8912
{here with the lovely Erin from Two Story Cottage}

I don’t think it necessarily looks Texan...maybe it’s the fact that my shirt looks like it has bluebonnets on it {it’s actually an urban outfitters silk top I scored for $2 in Dallas!}...? Or maybe it was the big as Texas hair...? Or was it because I wasn’t scowling after they asked me to put every item I owned in eight dishpans... perhaps Texans don’t mind as much? Maybe I seemed friendly? Tennesseans are friendly too though...so that doesn’t help...

I really have no clue. What is it y’all? I’m dying to know!

I know that to some people it is not a good thing to look Texan, but he seemed to be genuinely nice about it. I smile back and tell him, “Well, I will take that as a compliment, because I love being from Texas!”

Ah, silly Texan pride. It’s just part of who we are! ;)

Sweet Megan from Millions of Miles told us she liked our Texan boots/style too:

Isn’t she so cute? She has some amazing stories of their adoption!

And here’s another outfit with the boots {I’m still loving my eBayed Frye’s!}. After a long day, we managed to get a shot. So many outfits in such a short time! :D {I so love reasons to get dressed up, don’t you?}

IMG_8929

And most of my outfit shots were taken with Abbie last weekend! Hey, two wiww shots in one picture!

and if you thought two-for-one was a good deal, how about four wiww girls in one picture:

Lindsey, on the right, is the pleated poppy- the original creator of what I wore wednesdays, the place we link up every week! Fun, huh? She’s with Lisa on the left- aren’t they adorable? Love their outfits too!

We had a great time, and I think I’ve managed to stay in my robe for hours this week to recover from all those outfit changes!

I’m thinking it’s time to get back on the getting dressed wagon! We will see how that works out next week, I suppose! :D

linking up at the pleated poppy!

Okay, so please tell me-what do you think? Do I look like I’m from Texas? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...