Wednesday, February 15, 2012

what i wore this week {hanging on to winter edition}

wondering what this series is about? read here to find out more…

It’s that fun day of the week again! :D I live in Texas, and I have to admit I’ve been a little bit worried about the fact that the temperature has been staying in the 70’s in early February. And then they have the bathing suits out at Target! {I mean, really? February? They are seriously on top of it!} Oh, and then the flowers started blooming and the bugs came back out! It was little bizarre.

I’m totally not prepared for another scorching southern summer just yet, so I was relieved when the weather turned cold again last week! 28 degrees? Yes!!! {to all of my northern friends, I’m sorry, dear ones! I hope winter is short for you if you want it to be!}

I pulled out the stripes {love ‘em!}, and paired my $15 Loft top with my thrifted $7 Citizens of Humanity jeans and my $8 Gianni Bini leather wedges from eBay. Oh, and my bigger-than-Texas hair. The wind was blowing, I promise! {you should see what happens when I use volumizing shampoo…;)}

IMG_8570

And then the stripes again!

IMG_8610

This one was lots of Old Navy: shirt- $12ish?, sweater, $3, and the scarf from last year, along with my $7 trouser jeans from GW/AE, my $1 thrifted bracelet, and my everyday shoe, the gray Jessica Simpson leather wedge from Marshall’s, $20.

I professed my love of stripes to Abbie the other day and asked her what in the world I will do when stripes go out of style… and she answered, “um, still wear them?”

Such a good point.  Why, yes, I think I will! :D

That’s why I like her. :)

And a couple of weeks ago I found a bin of clothes I’d forgotten about in the back of the attic with this little $4 Goodwill/Abercrombie sweater in it!

IMG_8655

{don’t you love it when that happens? It’s like finding money in your coat pocket from last year, but better! so much fun!}. I wore it with my favorite skinny jeans, $7 from Goodwill/American Eagle, and my investment leather pumps, {Giani Bini from Dillards, $27.}

And I can’t wait to wear this pretty little thing the hubs got me for V-day this week:IMG_8647

It’s from Target and it’s such a happy scarf with flowers, orange and teal! Colors for spring, all gladly worn in our Texas “winter”… ;)

What has your winter been like this year?
Are you still holding out for more like me? ;)

 

linking up at the Pleated Poppy for what i wore wednesday!

 

follow along with {bh}:
:: subscribe by email ::  follow by rss feed :: follow on facebook :: follow on twitter ::

21 comments:

Aurelia said...

You make me want to drop everything and go thrift store shopping! I like your sense of fashion, I so need an updated wardrobe but will have to drop more baby wt since im only 2 weeks post delivering twins. I've always wanted 2 girls & 2 boys...God has granted me my wish. My husband always wanted twins, God has granted him his wish. Much to bf greatful for!

I Like ur blog a lot. Simple but a little bit of everything. Was encouraged by your brutal honesty in yesterdays post. I find myself too struggling with same complaining heart...you're not alone.

Have a wonderful rest of your week.

Cherie @ Cherie Runs This said...

I just stumbled upon your blog as I was Googling my own blog for something! I'm happy I found it--your outfits are fabulous!! I hope you don't mind, but I just had to "pin" some on Pinterest!! I'm pretty darn obsessed with thrift store shopping and get so excited when someone's like, "Where'd you get that?!!" and I know it was only like $3 at the Goodwill! :-) And I concur with everyone else, great hair!!

Kassie Rew said...

I just love your hair. So pretty!

Cassidy said...

Those outfits are adorable! Really loving the stripes and you have seriously gorgeous hair!

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

Erica Frisk said...

I love the outfits. We used to live in TX, central Texas and now we're in northern KY. I'm definitely missing TX, but it's probably because I'm originally from GA and I don't mind the heat ;P
friskpartyoffive.blogspot.com

Sherri of DesigntoShine said...

Awesome outfits. I pulled out some stripes this week too. Georgia weather has been winter/spring/winter and we are heading back to spring like temps tomorrow. Strange! Being an original red head (auburn) growing up and now just an old grey mare...I LOVE your amazing big Texas red hair. :-)
http://designtoshine.blogspot.com/2012/02/goodwill-glamorous-work-wear.html

preethi said...

Love the stripes peeking out under the scarf - so cute!

preethi
lace, etc.

Keri Baker said...

It's been a weird winter here in Indiana, too! The tiny bits of snow we have received only hang around for 24 hours or so until the temps soar into the 40's and 50's again! Crazy. And I love snow...so I miss it!

I always love ALL your outfits...you are so super duper cute! :)

Abbie (Five days... 5 ways) said...

Bahaha! Yeah, that pretty much sums up my style sense in a sentences: Not in style? Wear it anyway (if you like it, that is).

Lisa @ MMT said...

I love stripes too! I don't think they could ever go out of style :) You hair is amazing! Those curls are to die for! Our winter in WI hasn't been as bad this year as years past. However, I am still ready for it to be spring!

Danielle said...

i love all the stripes! and that scarf from target is precious...we live in texas too, so i've been enjoying the mild winter ;)

QponCutie said...

OK...honestly?? You must be the cutest thing on two feet!! We've had an odd winter here in Philly. So mild! Last year, we got 70-some inches of snow, and this year, it's in the 50's-60's half the time!

Baby Genie said...

Wow you're beautiful! And you have hair to die for!

Shevy said...

your hair is gorgeous!!!

moreygirl said...

ok, you are adorable and I seriously want your hair! Cute clothes. I love the jeans in the first pic.

Ania Farmer said...

Love the stripes on you, super cute. And the grey sweater with the mustard stripes = awesome.

Michelle Wimp said...

i luv luv luv the scarf! also i saw this over at another blog i read and thot of your girls
http://www.messforless.net/2012/02/review-and-giveaway-gigi-dvd-set.html

Lauren McIntire said...

Our winter has been just plain bizarre. Freezing cold one day and then a week of 50-60 degree weather. It's been so mild that I'm a little worried we are going to get slammed with a major snow in March or April.

And I feel the same about stripes, even if they aren't always flattering on me.

Kisti Miller Huffman said...

Love that you dress cute and stylish AND home school! Yeah...definitely an encouragement. :) Sometimes I feel like most moms think that being unstylish is spiritual somehow...sigh.

naycauthen said...

Super fun outfits! Love the stripes... and wowsa! Every time I read one of these posts, I am in awe of your hair!

eef said...

i got here through pinterest, and you just have the most amazing hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...