Wednesday, February 22, 2012

what i wore this week {packing for blissdom edition!}

wondering what this series is about? read here to find out more…

Today I’m getting ready to leave for Blissdom 2012, this amazing blog conference in Nashville this weekend! Abbie and I leave tomorrow morning for a girl’s weekend away! We’ve been planning it ever since last summer, and I can’t believe it’s already here! *squeal*

Here’s one outfit I’m taking next week! It’s a Target dress, $25, paired with my vintage Frye’s. I’m thinking this is a dressy dinner outfit, what do you think?

IMG_8867

I’m loving this teeny little brand-new leather Fossil clutch from Goodwill, $5.

IMG_8850

I stayed cozy with my outfits the rest of the week. This was my Sunday afternoon outfit- we made breakfast for dinner and just had a great evening. :DIMG_8782
{sweater and t-shirt, Gap, $20, and $3, boyfriend jeans, AE, $13, flats, Target $8ish? I can’t remember!} 

I’m loving my new Fossil bag! I’ll be selling my old messenger one soon! I can’t wait to tell you more about the deal I scored on it at Goodwill tomorrow! :D

And I pulled out this long Gap sweater when it was cold last week! I’m telling you it was comfy week! :P

IMG_8667

I paid way too much money for it- close to $30 {on sale!} because I loved it so much at the Gap outlet. I washed it once and it piled and looked like it was 5 years old, so I don’t wear it outside anymore! It’s like Murphy’s shopping law or something: pay more than you should and your garment will ruin in 1-5 wears. Does this happen to you too? :P

Luckily I paired it with my $7 Citizens of Humanity jeans, and my $10 J. Crew silk/cotton shirt to offset all that investment! :)

IMG_8680

And a $1 Goodwill belt and cheap chevron bracelet from World Market:

IMG_8682

I think I’m going to pack those jeans and that bracelet come to think of it! Better add them to the list now. ;)

ahhhhh! I’m headed for Tennessee! So exciting! :D I’m going to try and keep you guys posted on what’s happening at the Opryland Hotel here on Facebook and Twitter!

Linking up for what i wore wednesday at the pleated poppy {she’s going to be at Blissdom this weekend too! yay!! :D}

 

follow {bh}
:: subscribe by email :: follow by rss feed :: follow on facebook :: follow on twitter ::

35 comments:

Wendy said...

You are just stunning! Your hair is an amazing colour and goes perfectly with your boots, and your clutch. xx

Grace at {Gabbing with Grace} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress/brown boots combo! It's striking with your long red do. =) Just found your blog yesterday & surfed through all your home reno's. cool blog! I'm a Jesus follower as well...doing Dave Ramsey stuff...loving fashion...etc. lots in common. =)

Tracy Jensen said...

Really liked your LBD with the brown boots....you're adorable! Have a great week!

Tracy
From
Dear Life From A Mom of Boys

Thepleatedpoppy said...

yay you're going to blissdom! i can't wait to meet you!

Erin said...

you are the cutest thing ever!!! :) I love these outfits :)

Meagan Shemenski said...

I'm SO jealous you are going to Blissdom! Have an AMAZING time- what am I saying of COURSE you will. :) Love, love the dress and boots and wow what a steal on that Fossil clutch. You always find the best deals on phenomenal brands!

Helen said...

I love the brown clutch

dailydwelling said...

Love all of the outfits...I think we have a very similar style!

I just found your blog this weekend and I am so excited to learn that you're going to Blissdom!! I'll be there, too, and I would love to meet you!

lisafromscratch said...

You are so cute I almost can't stand it!! Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy!

Erica Frisk said...

Such cute outfits this week, have so much fun in Tennessee. I'm only 3 hours north of there. :)

Sherri from Design2Shine said...

Have a blast! WISH I was coming to TN. Love the Gap sweater...too bad it piled.

Leigh-Ellen Thomas said...

New to your blog and am fighting major jealousy of your hair.

Stacey Thacker said...

love the simple black dress.
and you know - I have had terrible luck lately with "quality" and many clothes just not making the cut no matter where I buy them. I guess I'm just hard on clothes!

Have an amazing Blissdom!

mandyBH said...

Oh, I'm so excited to meet you! I've never been to one of these before, so it's all new to me! I can't wait! Just 36 more hours! :D wohoo!

Amy Bennett said...

Just found your blog and the best part of your outfits is your HAIR. Oh my word.

That little black dress is adorable!

Ashley Bailey said...

I love the outfit! Its dressy and casual! I am not a fan of dressy clothes that look uncomfortable so I am a fan of the dress and boots combo!

mandyBH said...

Oh, thank you Megan! :D I'm so excited! I'm hoping to find a few people I know there since it's my first time! Thank you for the well wishes!

mandyBH said...

Oh yay!! I would so love to meet you there!! I'm going for the first time and I am excited and a little nervous too! :D only a few hours to go! wohoo!!

mandyBH said...

thank you Erin!! You are so sweet! :D

mandyBH said...

Oh thank you Lisa! Your hair is AWESOME btw! love it! :D

mandyBH said...

oh thank you Amy!! :D

mandyBH said...

thank you girlie!! Maybe we will get to meet someday in real life! :D

mandyBH said...

Thank you Sherri!! :D It's my first conference ever, and I'm super excited!

mandyBH said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! :P You put a smile on my face this morning {assuming you are kidding! hehee!} thank you for reading along with me!!

mandyBH said...

I'm in love with my boots, and I'm thinking it's still early enough to pull them off, what do you think? :D

Mallory said...

I love the simplicity and sophistication of the black dress and boots. Beautiful! I also love your hair up in the 3rd picture. :)

Tiffanygardner said...

just wanted to say thanks for yesterday. i needed that post. i don't know how i didn't see it yesterday (guess i needed it today) but i'm so glad i got it today. i struggle with the lies the enemy puts out there for me to believe. as a wife, mom, daughter and friend. i am still on this journey to letting go of myself and trusting God. thank you for being real and making me feel like i'm not alone...or crazy. blessings.

Kevinandnicoleplus2 said...

I got that same bracelet! Great minds think alike right? ;)

Rachel said...

Not sure if you've ever been to Opryland but we're at Fort Campbell and have made the hour drive up to Nashville for it many a times. It's the best hotel ever!! Our kids just love it and there is so much to do!! Have a blast!!

Lori said...

love your first outfit. i am loving black and brown together. it looks perfect with your hair.

Amy Cornwell said...

you are so cute! love all of the outfits and the super duper cute messenger bag!

Jenny said...

I just bought that same black Target dress! love the boots with it! Now I have an outfit for church! Have fun! I am hoping to go to Blissdom one of these days!! Cant wait to hear all about it!

nhsink said...

Finally subscribed so I don't have to keep checking for updates...crazy me! Should have done it long ago:) Love so much about your blog and the window into your life whether it's a fitness post or Christ shining through you...it's great and worth the read!
Have a great time at Blissdom!

Shannon Cimato said...

Just found your wonderful blog! Could you be any cuter?!

Eapickett said...

Re: your pilling sweater- I love buying sweaters from thrift stored with good form but tons of pills! Everyone gets rid of them when they look old but still have so much life in them. You can shave off the pills with a disposable razor and they look just as nice as when they were first made. It takes time and they will pill again and I think I might be shortening their life span, but it looks great for a while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...