Monday, March 05, 2012

february update + march goals

IMG_9019

March is here! I’m excited for spring to arrive along with all the beauty it brings here in East Texas. Here on our old homestead {117 years old now!}, we have blooming azaleas, pecan trees, magnolia tree, a sugar pear tree, and a few pretty rose-like trees too! {and that’s totally the technical name for them…I’m such a professional gardener you know... heheh}.

I can feel spring in the air- I can’t wait to do some yard work and plant my little garden this month {I’m hoping to show you some “before and after” pictures of our patio area this spring}. I’m excited to look ahead, but I still have a little catching up to do on my February goals before I get started…

Here were my February goals:

do:
prepare 20 meals for freezer- I made about 8 extra meals this month. Since I was gone for several days I didn’t focus on cooking much when I was here! I am going to continue on this month!
crochet a scarf – did 3/4- still plugging away at it, but it looks like it will be a while before I get to use it… :)
quick spray paint makeover on my letter holder {pics soon!}
hang pictures in my office
organize CD’s

start homemaking binder- started but not in use yet…I’m still looking for some really great free printables that work for me.

read:
How to Have a HEART for Your Kids by Rachael Carman –  one chapter left!
and 7- An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess– on the last few pages of this one. I was a little ambitious with my book reading in a short month… :P

learn:
Memorize 1 Peter 1:13-25 :D I’m so enjoying this! I need to keep working on reciting the old stuff too…

be:
quiet: make a conscious effort this month to keep my mouth from complaining-  – last month’s character project {also know as the complaining experiment} was a huge success, in my opinion!

God was so merciful to take me through this hard time and teach me about motherhood through it! Oh, I can’t thank Him enough. It was humbling, exhausting, and renewing all in one month. Thank you, sweet Jesus. I’m a little afraid to look at what I wrote down for the next 10 months… :P

 

And here are my goals for March:

do:
remodel kitchen- paint/refinish cabinets and walls – this is going to be take a large portion of our month!
plant early garden veggies- {start seedlings this week}
work on adding more freezer meals as I can {hopefully this week before remodeling starts!}
finish crocheting scarf
work on two big spring cleaning projects {I’m joining some awesome bloggers in a spring cleaning challenge and giving you guys the chance to win some amazing prizes through it! you are going to be so excited when you hear what they are!}

read:
finish up February’s books {this week}
and read Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan

learn:
Memorize  1 Peter 2:1-12 {I’m going to be crazy and video it for you- and you can join me at the end of the month if you want to be accountable too! more details to come!}

be:  sweet- surprise the kids with an unexpected trip to the park
I think this is actually a great follow-up to help me use what I learned last month! It’s so much more fun than it was before! I’m thinking I’ll surprise them with a field trip to see Lorax one morning too!

 

What are your goals for the next few weeks? Any projects you’ll be tackling this month? Add your link or write your goals in the comments- I’d love to read them!

{I always read every single comment you leave!  I’m so thankful for you guys!}

follow {bh}
:: subscribe by email :: follow by rss feed :: follow on facebook :: follow on twitter ::

 

*disclosure: links to external retail websites may include affiliate information which give us a small percentage should you choose to purchase the item using my link. All opinions given on this site are 100% my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...