food {for the soul} on friday :: sidewalk prophets

I think worship music is seriously like food for my soul. It seems like God made me so that music goes into the very depths of my heart. Does it do that to you too? 

I heard this song in the car the other day and it spoke to me so, so much. I have to keep myself from crying every single time I hear it. It's like a prayer wrapped up in music.

I think if I got to choose a song for the time I have here, of what I want to be, I would want it to be this one:


I want to show the world the love you gave for me.
I'm longing for the world to know the glory of the King.

I want to live like that.

11 comments

Melissa said...

It's definitely food for my soul as well!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Amber said...

I love to worship, too! So, so, so much! Ever since I was little, worship has touched my heart and I love to sing to God (one of my nicknames when I was litte was 'la-la' because of this). I wish I could be brave enough and not so self concious so that I could worship God in church like I do in my kitchen, dancing and jumping with the kids joyfully dancing along! This is a great song from a group I hadn't discovered yet. Thanks.

Brittney said...

me too! I always get those great "I'm with Jesus!" goosebumps when songs hit my soul. The songs 10,000 Reasons, At Your Name (Yahweh Yahweh), and Courageous {just to name a few!} get me everytime.

Jenniferkindle said...

I want to live like that, too! I'm so unworthy!

mandyBH said...

Me too. Me too! So unworthy, and He is so holy! thank you Jesus for your sacrifice- for making us worthy when we don't deserve it!

Brittney said...

and how could I ever forget the song Beautiful , Beutiful by Francesca Battistelli. Ugh, I need to go get my worship on (=

mandyBH said...

Oh, I love your list. I need to make a playlist for the car! I need to get mine on too! :D

mandyBH said...

Many blessings to you Melissa!! Thanks for commenting! I hope you have a good weekend!!

mandyBH said...

I know what you mean about being brave at church! :D I feel strange standing up and lifting my hands if no one else is, but I can go crazy at home! heeehee.... msybe we should pray for unhindered worship, even in public. :) I don't think God would mind! lol!

Heather said...

this song made me cry. Thank you!

Keri Baker said...

I love that one too, and I agree...worship songs speak to my soul. Some songs put my prayers into words I could never think of on my own. For example, almost anything by Tenth Avenue North. Some of their songs have carried me through dark places.