goals update: june and july

It's a little late in the month, and I didn't complete all of my June goals yet, but I thought I would post them anyway! Such is life sometimes, right? ;)  

Here is how I did on my June goals:

do:
paint and finish the boys’ room {this didn't get done- we are still working on the laundry room! DIY always goes slower than you think...lol!}
make Ava and Isabella a doll {made Ava's doll for her birthday}

read:
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis  {still have a 5 pages left to go- I'm so, so glad I read this one again! It had been a long time!}

learn:
Memorize 1 Peter 3:12-21 {I'm running one month behind now, so I'm still working on these- I'm about 50% on them right now!}

be:
affectionate:
hug and kiss each family member every morning before breakfast {did this (and made a printable to remind me)! and my husband loved it- so it's staying :D}

free printable 8x10 here

If the Lord wills them to be accomplished, here are my July goals:

do:
sew fun pillows for girl’s room
order homeschool curriculum {I can't believe it's that time again!}

read:
The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

learn:
Memorize 1 Peter 4:1-11 I'm changing this goal to:
Review and catch up on the last 7 months of Scripture memory
new fitness choreography

be:
patient:
smile and say a prayer when I feel I can’t wait on the kids {this is hard already! thankful I have a God who can keep my mouth closed and a smile on my face, because I definitely can't do it alone! This month's book is perfect to go along with this goal too!}


So tell me, do you have any goals for this month? {and do you get behind on yours too? Because I'm so right there with you!} :D













7 comments

Krista said...

Here is the link to the Ministry of Motherhood Book Club that the Good Morning Girls did last summer with videos from Sally, Courtney, and Angela.
http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/category/ministry-of-motherhood/

Kelly said...

I want to read that book too!!!! And being patient with the kids is something I struggle with all the time. Hope you have a great day:)

Danielle Huddleston said...

I have always wanted to read Mere Christianity! Need to just sit down and read it!

Bekah said...

I have a deadline to finish writing a Bible study and I have a ways to go on it. Might have to take some vacation days! :)

Elfinspired said...

Hey friend,

I led a Ministry of Motherhood book club last summer and loved it. It was special time. I have since referenced that book and I keep it handy on my living room bookshelves (they hold the books that 'get used'. ;) I love how, in one section, Sally puts everything into the perspective of preparing your kids for important "kingdom work".
And I do feel your pain on the DIY projects! They take tons longer than you think (and cost way more than you'd expect usually, too). We're elbow deep in a big one --- a sleeping loft for our 4 kiddos! :)

Happy July!
~Amber (in Oregon)

amorganporter said...

I love your blog! So inspiring. I love to read about other people's goals! Good for you! Here is a link to my summer bucket list 2012: http://simplyalexandramyfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-bucketlist-2012.html

I have also been working on a list of 10 year goals. No post yet, but I am very excited about it!

Thanks for writing!

Alexandra from www.simplyalexandramyfavoritethings.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I'd love to hear what homeschool curriculum you use. This will be our 6th year of homeschooling (our kids are 9, 7, 5, 3, and 1), but I'm always looking for new things to try and be inspired by.