Monday, September 24, 2012

menu plans + goals {week of Sept. 24}



I'm excited to start a new week, aren't you?

We spent the majority of our weekend working on the house. For you DIYers, you know grabbing a weekend to work on projects feels so good {and tiring at the same time ;)}.

Here's a little peek into our new attic nook. It's going to be my writing room! :D My sweet husband has worked so hard to make me an office in the attic. I'm so, so excited! :D


I'm hoping to get a few more projects done this week around the house. Progress seems to come in spurts, and I'd love it if this spurt would continue. :D

In the meantime, dinner still has to be made and housework still has to be done! I have a new recipe I hope to share this Friday that has rocked our original foods world for the moment. It's super fast and so easy!

My husband has added meat and eggs back to his diet {lots of them, in fact, for muscle building purposes}, which means that we are all eating something different right now. It definitely changes the way I cook- I practically make three meals: the kids' food {usually let them eat more condensed carbs, cheese, and meat}, my food, and his food.

I'm trying to find a happy medium with all the cooking, because we are ending up with lots and lots of dishes. Maybe I need the kids to fall in love with fish and eggs... :D I'm trying to plan more meals that we all like. :)

I eat lots of beans, veggies, and I've also incorporated organic non-GMO tofu so that I can build muscle with my workouts, and keep my iron levels up. I really don't enjoy meat, cheese, eggs, or dairy much anymore, so I am still sticking with the vegan diet.

I've let bites of bread or potato chips here and there sneak in while I'm making lunches, and so this week I'm focusing on eating before I'm starving so I won't be tempted to snack on the wrong foods. Carrots are a good snack for me, and I'm looking for another source of vegan protein I can snack on too.

Here are our menu plans for this week:

dinners:
veggie chili and rice {we all love this one}
baked potatoes and beans {everyone likes, again}
taco salad- rice, lettuce, salsa verde, and black beans {cheese for the kids}
basil mushrooms, tofu, and butter bean skillet meal {me and the hubs only- 2x}
dinner out
black bean soup
frozen dinner from the freezer stock {kids only}
pizza on family night {kids only}

lunches:
peanut butter sandwiches {kids} + natural potato chips
turkey sandwiches {kids}
homemade tomato basil soup {me}
cabbage salad {me}
salmon + egg skillet  {for the hubs- this meal has 100 grams of protein}
egg + black bean skillet {hubs again}
lunch out w/the hubs
baked potatoes

breakfasts:
eggs {we buy the cage free, natural grain-fed ones. I don't know if it really matters, but since we've added them back in over the last month we've made this change}
homemade granola cereal with almond milk
homemade lara bars {I want to try these recipes!}

snacks:
lara bars
apples
dates


and my goals for this week:

do:

  • help hubs paint
  • list 2 things for sale on craigslist
  • take donation items to Goodwill {one of the decluttering projects I did this weekend! yay!}
  • play a game with the kids
  • declutter and reorganize one area {drawer or closet}
  • get up 20 minutes earlier than usual
  • answer emails for 1 hour
  • spend 30 minutes each day focusing on/spending time with my husband

read:

  • daily devos {one chapter in the OT, two chapters in the NT}
  • 5 chapters of One Thousand Gifts

learn:

  • 1 Peter 4:1-12 

be:

  • kind- speak words of encouragement to my husband {I was really good at the beginning of the month, and I've definitely had less than encouraging moments over the past few days. :( must get better this week.  Project: write him an encouraging email. 


p.s. I made the homemade butterfingers last weekend for my mom's birthday, and they were ah.maz.ing.  This is the camping version:



If you love butterfingers, you have to make them! And then try not to eat the whole pan. They're that good! Yum!!!

5 comments:

Ivy said...

Hi Mandy, you sound just like me. My husband and kids eat meat and all, and I'm vegan. I've been cooking different meals. Sometimes they like some vegan meals but my hubs likes his meat.

I enjoy reading your blog. :)

Autumn said...

Wow, what an intense list for the week! I love cooking, but you definitely have your hands full. Do you find yourself chopping so you can use similar things in all of the meals?

stillroomtogrow said...

I love posts like these. thanks for the inspiration.

Ulrika said...

How about making some hummus to use as dip for the carrots and snack on that? :)

Erin Sandrick said...

i'd love to see more recipes-- like the basil mushrooms, tofu, and butter bean skillet meal that you mention. sounds delicious! my husband and i have been eating "original foods" since mid-june and don't plan on going back any time soon. we're always looking for new inspiration for foods, and we're so happy it's soup/chili time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...