Monday, October 15, 2012

the splendor of the king


In the last 29.99 years of life, I can count on two hands the times I've watched the sun rise. How is that even possible?

How could I miss this so many times?









It might have helped to see it from the 24th floor of a hotel, but I am completely in awe of what God does every single morning. He is so faithful- He makes the sun to rise every single day!! 

It's ridiculously amazing. And I am so very thankful that I was given the chance to see it like this.

I woke up at 6 this morning, and I more than happy to get up. :D I was hoping that I would get a chance to sit here and do this before we left:


The sun slowly crept into the sky, and the sheer majesty of the colors and the light coming over the earth reminded me of this:


Oh, the DAY there is no longer a need for the sun!! I can't wait for it!

The sun is so bright we cannot stare at it now. How much more will we be unable to stare at the glory of God Himself when He returns? Ahhhhhh!

No more night. No more sun. No more moon. Just Jesus!!! 

If the sunrise we have now is so very beautiful, can you even imagine what it will be like then?? I can't.

Oh, praise God!

Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty!

It's a beautiful new day. His sweet mercy has been given to us once again!

Will you praise His name with me?

9 comments:

Tewauna said...

Wow! Praise the Lord!

3abejas said...

Mandy, this is one of my favorite verses! My translation reads "and the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has ILLUMINED IT!" (Emphasis mine). And it seems even more than His glory shining down, but His glory is the source of all Light. It's unfathomable! Thanks for sparking a bit of desire in me to open my Bible this evening!!

Amy Bennett said...

I LOVE a good sunrise and sunset. I almost always pay attention to them even if I don't have the umph to sit and watch the whole thing. That verse is a great one to remember when I watch them.

Jenny C. said...

Dearest Mandy, thank you for this! You really encouraged my heart with this amazing post. God bless you and give you an awesome birthday week! Love in Christ, Jenny C.

rayna said...

Lovely post, Mandy! Sort of related: I was wondering if you could recommend some good reading materials: books, devos, and especially magazines! I realize that your list might be an entire post in itself (which would be great). I'm trying to "clean" my reading, and any help you could provide is much appreciated. Thanks so much!

prayernotesbycynthia said...

Glad to have found you, this evening! I'm always looking for Christian blogs. This was a beautiful post. I love the photos and thoughts. They were written from your heart. With the business of our everyday lives, we sometimes, forget to enjoy the beauty that the Lord places in our lives. This beauty of His, gives us joy and rejuvenates our souls. I believe there are more sunrises and sunsets in your future:-) Many blessings!

Quite the Woman said...

dd

Quite the Woman said...

Beautiful! I'm with you on what the sunset will be like once we leave this earth. It's overwhelming to think of all the wonderful things God has created here for us to see and enjoy, and how much more awaits. New to your blog, glad that I found it!

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

Wow! I don't often see a whole sunrise, just bits here and there while driving. Somehow though, I think I will hear this song in my head every time I see a sunrise :) Beautiful pics dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...