Tuesday, October 30, 2012

what I wore {for the last several weeks. ahem.}

wondering what this series is about? read here to find out more… :)

October was the busiest month of our year: hotel stays, and then birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays, plus a little {big} trip to Allume. And we fit a kitchen renovation in there somewhere! My poor husband. :D I love him. He’s a superhero.

With all the events, I wore lots of outfits {thankfully, considering it was like an entire month or something}, some new birthday clothes, and of course, I mixed some of the old as well! And our weather was all over the place here- hot one day, and cold the next. Crazy Texas. :)

Here are a few of my favorite outfits from the past few weeks:

1. birthday dinner date.

IMG_3634IMG_3636

{lace top: $9/ lace skirt: Target, $15/ t-straps: Steve Madden, GW, $5/ jacket: eBay/ Banana Republic}

Do you like it with the jacket or without? I don’t know which I prefer… {It’s like the {bh} version of “who wore it best?” Don’t answer that though…hmmm…that could go very wrong! That’s actually a very scary thought! ha!}

2. Mexican food birthday lunch. {Elijah’s birthday choice with his Granna in town. ;)}

IMG_3762

{jeans: birthday, AE/ top: Old Navy, $6 clearance/ shoes: Gap, $20/necklace: Target, $10}

IMG_3766IMG_3763

3. Casual weekend getaway. {Yes, I’m still wearing a headband. But I changed it up- I moved it down 1/8 of an inch. That counts as different right?… Right? heheh.}

IMG_3703IMG_3719

{jeans: miss me, Irene bootcut, eBay/scarf: J. Crew/sweater: Crewcuts, $14/ lace top: target $10/shoes: Lucky brand wedges: $28}

4. Birthday shopping day. I tried to pick out something fun and different to shop around Dallas in… shhh, don’t tell Anthro I wore a $9 Wal-mart maxi and a free jacket from a clothes swap to their store… ;) more on that later!

IMG_3617IMG_3605

4. Conference attendee. This one was at Allume, courtesy of my roomie, Amy!

IMG_3976

{top: Marshalls, $13/ jeans, old AE/ necklace: the vintage pearl/ wedges: Lucky}

I thought she looked adorable, so I took her wiww picture too :D Isn’t she too cute?

IMG_3919

And one more from Allume {thank you to Brittany!}:

Image 9

5. woman about to eat…a random shot right before our mini-getaway:IMG_3544

{jeans, Miss Me Irene’s/ sweater: Gap, $20 last year/ top: Old Navy, $6/ necklace $1.99, GW}

I actually have no idea what this picture was about. Perhaps I was subconsciously motioning to the size my hips were about to be after I ate three slices of cake on my birthday. ha! :D {my husband bought me three cakes! carrot, chocolate, and coconut. All insanely good. Oh, I do like me some cake. I believe there will be cake in heaven.}

Are you a cake girl, or more of an ice cream or pie girl? {and if you say “I don’t like sugar,” I might have to seriously avoid coveting. Just saying. Help a sister out here. I know you like something! :)}

I used to be a carrot cake kind of girl, but it might be changing to chocolate cake I think… or more likely italian crème cake {yum.}! Just for fun, you can take the meme /test to find out what your favorite dessert says about you. ;)

linking up at lindsey’s what I wore wednesday!

41 comments:

mandyBH said...

OH!! please share the recipe! that sounds fabulous! Yum! :D

Mandy

kellyc said...

Here you go! I made this up, so don't hesitate to ask questions. =0)

I used Talenti caribbean coconut gelato. The variations for each cake are at the bottom. (ie directions to make the coconut milk frosting.) Just sent it to ya.

Houtz House Party said...

Oh girl i LOVE that lacy shirt in your first picture!!!! SO CUTE!!! Ooh and I am a carrot cake girl all the way! I used to work at Bob Evans in HS and on my break I would eat a piece of carrot cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!! Oh my way that delightful!

kellyc said...

my favorite is an ice cream cake. =0) Oreo crusted brownie, with coconut gelato, with coconut chocolate frosting (made with whipped coconut milk) and toasted coconut. It is a cake I made for my brother and I fell in love with it. (actually wasn't a huge coconut fan but the layers of coconut are all mellow and are delicious together)

mandyBH said...

Thank you friend!! I'm checking out your giveaway! I love J. Crew!

DarylSchmidt said...

You look so effortlessly fab in all of these photos, and I am always jealous of your hair.

<3
Daryl

Roots,
Wings & Other Things


$100
J.Crew Giveaway

Mindy said...

meant to say I love cake!

Mindy said...

I LOVE (except red velvet) and also believe it will be in heaven!!

Chioma said...

love all of these looks, but the bday shopping look is my favorite!

Chioma


C's Evolution of Style

mandyBH said...

Thank you Autumn! I love your name!!

Autumn said...

I love outfits 1 and 3! I'm always a fan of cardigans though.

mandyBH said...

Thank you Ashley!! You're so sweet!

ashley said...

LOVE your style, && you have gorgeous hair!!!! <3
hell0ashleyy.blogspot.com

mandyBH said...

Oh you're too sweet! :D Thank you!

Katie Overbeek said...

love your outfits - and seriously, your hair!! oh for a head full of ginger curls... :)


http://loverlysheblog.com

mandyBH said...

Thank you Katie!!

Katie Vale said...

what cute outfits! love the one with the green scarf! forlaurenandlauren.blogspot.com

mandyBH said...

Oh thank you Lindsey!! :D

Lindsey A. Turner said...

you always look so cute! I really like that first lace top!

Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

mandyBH said...

Thank you!! Oh it was fun to meet you too! I'm glad to know a fellow WIWWer! :D Love your outfits and bag!! I kept eyeing those bags! :D I hope your return home this week has been peaceful! :D

Stacey Thacker said...

Fun to meet you at Allume! What a great weekend! Green is your color girl!

mandyBH said...

Oh, that would be so fun! thank you girlie!

libbyuglesich said...

Love your first look! So pretty! And if you dressed up for Halloween you'd be the perfect Merida from Brave! :)

mandyBH said...

Oh, what other color was it in? I found it on clearance, and it's super comfy! Glad to know I have a fellow sister in sugar loving! :D lol! And I'm cold everywhere I go too!
Mandy

Rochelle said...

I love SUGAR!!! Ha! I am partial to anything chocolate...chocolate chip cookies are my favorite but I will not refuse dessert of any kind when offered:o) Except maybe coconut... Love the Walmart maxi. I have it in both colors!!! So comfortable and easy to wear. Love the first outfit without the jacket but I always have a jacket or sweater with me so I don't freeze. Sometimes it ruins a perfectly good outfit:o(

mandyBH said...

Hi Monica!! Thank you so much! Here is a post about what I use and love: http://biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com/2008/03/styling-curly-hair.html I hope that helps! Let me know how it goes!
Mandy

Monica Godoy said...

CUTE outfits!!!
Can I SAY I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! It's great to see another women with curls!! I am still trying to grow out my hair... but with these curls!! do you have any hair product recommendation for us curly hair girls... I have the tendency to pull it back because I seriously don't know what to do with (haven't found the right products!!!) or straighten it... HELP!!


Monica
www.godsmostprecious.blogspot.com


monicagodoy12@gmail.com

mandyBH said...

Hehee! Thank you friend!! :D It was so good to see you! I'm so glad we got to chat a little at the TX meetup!! Maybe next year we will have a chance to visit longer! :D I hope you had a great week back!

StefanieYoungBrown said...

Adorable, especially since I was blessed to see a few inrl at Allume:))

mandyBH said...

Oh thank you!! I love cake with ice cream too!! I love that you love hand me downs too!

Vicki said...

Love cake and ice cream!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous~ the color, the curls, the length just heavenly! I also love your cute outfits and the way you put it all together. I love a good bargain, just call me Bargain Betty, can't stand to pay full price, especially for clothes and hand me downs are the best :) I'm new to your blog and am thoroughly enjoying it. Blessings to you!!

mandyBH said...

Fellow redheads unite! :D thank you!

Kristen said...

being a redhead too I just love your hair! Love the weekend getaway outfit!!


www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

mandyBH said...

Oh thank you girlie!! I understand- I couldn't decide either, lol! :D have a great day!

April said...

Such cute outfits! I love that lace top in outfit number 1-I also like it both ways with and without the jacket, so I;m not much help. I also love your green/turquoise combo. So cute.

mandyBH said...

Thank you Liz!! I'm so glad you stopped in to say hi!! :D

Liz said...

Your dinner date night outfit was too cute! They all look great... jeans, the dress, the ruffled top. I love your hair, too! I'm a mommy of three, so I'm totally impressed with all your wardrobe cuteness. :)

mandyBH said...

Oh thank you, Beth!!

Beth said...

I love outfits 3 & 5, they bring out your gorgeous hair. :)

mandyBH said...

Thank you Lindsay!! It was perfect for sure! :D I'm so glad you stopped in!

Lindsay1629 said...

Love all of these outfits! That maxi is amazing! And I love the birthday outfit. Sounds like it was just about perfect especially with three cakes!


www.lipstickandlollies.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...