funny shades of indecision

Happy Valentine's Day!! :D The hubs and I are spending the morning together instead of going on a date tonight, and right now I'm working right alongside him. The.best.day.ever. :) 

After we eat at Panera, I'm hoping for a long walk in the woods because,
source: pinterest
That's where all the fairy-tale romance stories happen, you know! :) But then again, you'd have to be attacked or put to sleep in order to be rescued... so it's probably not such a great deal for me after all. Panera will have to be romantic enough. ;) 

Woods aside, if Valentine's Day isn't your thing and you're feeling down today {I know I have been lately!}, you know you can always rely on Pinterest to find gems like this to make you laugh:
source
Give that one a caption. :) 

And I posted this on Facebook yesterday, but it still makes me smile every time:
source
But whatever you do today, do not search Pinterest for paint colors. It will be February 15 before you leave your computer. 

In fact, if you ever need a paint color sample, just call me, okay? I probably have the exact one you're looking for. Send me over the color name and number. I have them all catalogued. On my house wall. Right now. 

[above: clockwise from 10 o'clock: pier 14 valspar, kendall charcoal gray- sherwin williams, anonymous- sw, retreat- sw, urban sunrise-valspar {barely pictured}, and dolphin-martha stewart {I think!}]

On the outside alone, I've tried at least 12 different colors over the last few weeks. I'm officially crazy. And I was just kidding about the catalog thing. I can't even remember all of their names. :)

 Choosing a house paint color should be easy. But it's so not for me. The house exterior is big and all siding, so there's no going back once I commit. I've been extremely indecisive with this one.

I liked the bedford gray by Martha Stewart right under the window on the left, but felt like it was too blah on such a big scale. Grays are so hard. 

I think I finally may have decided on a color, though. :) Can you guess which one it is from this picture?

{clockwise from left: sw retreat, sw underseas, sw kendall charcoal, sw gray I can't remember}

What do you think? :) I just noticed this, but is it weird that the colors I like are my blog colors too?  I apparently subconsciously dress like my blog too...I really am crazy- or I seriously like those colors! hahaha}

Do you have trouble choosing paint colors too?

Do you pin funny things on Pinterest? {leave me your pinterest name- I want to follow you!}

31 comments

selina mcnelley said...

I have a hard time deciding on colors too. Pinterest.....Selina McNelley

marlene said...

OR, you could start a new trend hand have a camo-ish exterior...but I don't think the neighbors would like that lol I like that darker grey one on the bottom right of that last photo. :) Happy Painting!!

hockfrockandlily said...

I don't know how you'll pck- I love ALL of the colors you tested!! The baby mob-ster cracks me up!!
Pinterest name- Shaina sims. :)
Praying for you and your family.

hockfrockandlily said...

*pick* :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on choosing...this entry has reminded me that sometimes not being able to paibt your house is a blessing in disguise! Haha. Pintrest - jenn oliver

Michelle said...

Picking colors is definitely difficult, it took me forever to find the right shade of green for my bedroom!LOL My Pinterest is Michelle Stockton

Rebekah @ Living && Learning said...

Pinterest is so addicting! Recently all my paint projects have been spur of the moment, I'm walking through Lowes or Home Depot and swing by and grab a can or two of paint and have at it! I've lucked out so far and loved how it's turned out! (Rebekah Lewis on pinterest)

Sam Kelley said...

My favorite is the Bedford one as well. I saw your photo in my Facebook feed this morning and that was my pick. I didn't comment because I couldn't figure out how to tell you which I liked best. ;)

Keri said...

I love Super Dog too!!! LOL , I actually found that one yesterday and couldn't stop laughing ;] funny how when you look at something like that and see the funny part, you can't look at the dog, as a dog again ....haha. or is that just me ;]
I know what you mean, I've been pretty down lately...prayin for ya.
Maybe I should make a "funnies" board on pinterest, for days when I need a good laugh.

oh & it's Keri@HeartVine on Pinterest!!

Nancy said...

That looks like my living room, kitchen,dining room and hall right now!! I'm paralyzed by paint indecision!! I like that teal color and I love a dark gray on a house with white trim.

Mandy said...

oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL! :D thank you!

Mandy said...

ha! I think my boys would LOVE that! :D It might slow down the painting process a bit, but hey... :D thank you for the thoughts! :D

Mandy said...

oh good-I'm glad to know all they look okay! thank you for praying, friend! :)

Mandy said...

there you go! It really is!! and think of the money you won't have to spend! :) I'm not looking forward to that one for sure!

Mandy said...

and indoors is a whole different ball game isn't it? light or dark, artificial or natural light... lol! it's tough!

Mandy said...

wow!! I need some of that luck!! :D please send it over! :D

Mandy said...

I love that one- we painted our kitchen trim with it and I loved it there too. thank you for letting me know your fave!

Mandy said...

I know! I can't not laugh at it! :) praying for you too, friend!! You totally should make one- it is such good medicine! :)

Mandy said...

:) I totally understand!! :D I like your ideas!!

Kristin said...

I've found that I'm attracted to the same colors in all aspects of my life. I often match my dishes! :-) Pinterest= Kristin*

Michelle said...

I know, when I first painted it I thought I had matched the green to the bedspread, but it ended up being a kelly green that clashed horribly. Finally found the right green on an old antique window at an antique store, so I bought the window to turn it into a mirror and matched the paint samples to that. I FINALLY have the right shade, but it was quite the adventure getting there!

JoyBelle said...

I like purple... but I like dark purple, not lavender, so only my upstairs bathroom is a deep plum color on the lower half of the wall. The upper wall is currently gold but will be painted grey. I love grey and purple together. It's just picking the RIGHT SHADE that is so hard!!! And then my jewelry studio is going to move to a new room in the house and I cannot figure out what to paint it. I got so frustrated I thought about painting each wall a different color; it's a studio afterall! Why not do something funky?! LOL!

autumndoctor said...

Hey, Mandy!

I found your blog a while back because of your Youtube video on making artisan bread. At the time, I didn't realize how happy that click was going to make me.

1) (not the most important reason) Your video really helped me understand how to make the bread. Sweet! (By the way, that stuff goes like crazy at my house, so I have to make myself individual-sized loafs.... I hide them. In ziplock bags. In my purse.)

2) (more important) I clicked to other videos and finally found my way to your blog. Your blog has been such an encouragement in my spiritual walk, as well as my decision to be a bit healthier this year! College student + Science major + Del Taco right by campus and $1.00 doritos in the cafeteria? Hard. Very hard! BUT I'm doing it. Thanks so much for the "push"! I'm not where I should be, but I'm certainly a little closer. Baby steps!

My pinterest is autumndoctor. Love seeing what you pin!


Superdog... I can't dig it. I just can't. I'm more of a 80-lb dog person. (The exception being the 60lb princess at our house. She's just petite. Her dad was a huge German Shep/Dobie, though, so she's a huge dog inside. ;))

Crys said...

I'm a little color blind, so I really have no trouble picking colors at all. However, when left to do so on my own, my color combinations have been described as a rainbow that threw up.

me on pinterest = http://pinterest.com/crysr/
my funny board is oh, no no

Katie Jones said...

my pinterest is katejones4

I love your blog and your honest love for Jesus. I lead a weekly womens bible study in my home and I on a regular basis will print one of your daily blogs off and share with my group of gals. Thank you for sharing your life with us! God is using you in such a special way!!! Hope you know that!

Katie Jones

Jenna said...

My husband was in the U.S. Navy. When we decided to paint the house, and knew we didn't want to go with white again, there was only one possible choice - battleship gray. When we redid the siding - battleship gray. When we reroofed - charcoal gray, because battleship gray wasn't an option.

Happily, his obsession with this color only extends to the outside of the house.

Mandy said...

oh that is so AWESOME! :DDD how exciting! I'm so thankful it's been a blessing to you!! that completely makes my day! Thank you so much for your encouragement, Katie!!

Carissa Budd said...

I have been searching for the perfect gray for our bedroom I'm decorating and it has been a huge hassle, some look green, some are took dark, etc. I really like the one on the bottom left of the picture; whatever that one was :) My Pinterest name is Carissa Budd. Love your blog, thanks for all you do!

Jen said...

I wanted to say a couple of things. First, that I liked the Bedford grey color the best - it goes best with the color of your trim. Second, that I agree with the Disney picture - my husband and I got engaged in the woods. And, lastly, my Pinterest name is acupfulloffaith.

Rochelle said...

I am horrible at picking paint colors....but I like the dark brown in the first paint picture....and congrats on baby #5:o) I'm commenting out of order for two posts...is that allowed???

Lis said...

pinterest.com/Lis !! :)