Monday, March 18, 2013

kicking off spring break + $5 to the first person who guesses...

We decided to kick off Spring Break with a little crazy fun...so we went shopping at Sam's Club! Whoop! Well, it was like Disneyland for a hungry pregnant girl anyway. ;)

The kids are out of school for the next week, so we've been trying to come up with a few little things they like. I love how excited the kids get over the smallest stuff. :) We took them rollerblading and biking on the trail Saturday, and they were thrilled.

Yesterday at Sam's, we surprised them with one of their favorite cereals- Lucky Charms {perfect for St. Patrick's Day, no? :)} And they couldn't remember ever having Funyuns, which I absolutely couldn't believe. How did we miss that important childhood rite of passage? Funyuns were one of my favorites when I was a little girl.

Okay, I won't lie... I still love them now. :)


I stocked up on my grapefruit supply while we were there...


And some of this little bit of heaven I was out of for two weeks:


Those were both lovely, but I do believe I was more excited to find this in the corner of Sam's than the kids were about their Lucky Charms:


That is the most perfect watermelon ever created, right there...


Oh, my goodness, yum.... I dug in while I cut it up, and felt my belly grow at least 3 inches almost instantly. It was so worth it, but I couldn't see my feet!


{so did you notice what was on my shirt? I was rocking the hub's tee last night, and I hadn't a clue until Rob smiled and said how cute I looked in his shirt with a toilet on it. I couldn't stop laughing...I had taken a picture of a potty on my belly and never even noticed it... too much baby on the brain. :D} 

I made turkey burgers and fries for the kids to celebrate their first night of Spring Break. I'll have to share more about it later, but I have a new cooking method and now turkey burgers are amazing! {It's been hard to make a good turkey burger with 93/7!}


I met almost all of my goals for last week... all except for defrosting the freezer. I did clean it out, but I wasn't prepared to have to actually move it outside when I wrote my list. :)

So anyway.... you know how awesome it is when you find $50 in your coat pocket from last year? {that never happened, but that would be awesome wouldn't it?} That's what it was like when I found an entire pan of cinnamon rolls in the back of my freezer when I cleaned it out yesterday...


Cinnamon rolls > watermelon. Even frozen ones.

That's how good Sunday was at our house. It kept getting better and better. :)


We cleaned up the kitchen after dinner, and all stayed up late watching this movie...$5 goes to the first person who correctly guesses what movie it is in the comments:


For real. I'll send you $5!  :) And I'll send $5 to one randomly chosen person who guesses or just comments by midnight tonight too! So you have two chances to win some coffee money! hehee. I love you guys! :D

Watermelon, turkey burgers, Lucky Charms, late night movies, 70 degrees and sunny.... spring break, here we come! We've been waiting for you! :)


What are you excited about doing this spring? 
Wearing flip flops and feeling the sun burn on my face.

Do you have a favorite fruit or veggie that makes you do a happy dance in the store when you see it for the first time each year? 
Watermelon. Hands down. Cantaloupe and blackberries right behind it. :)

Favorite classic movie?
Not the one I was watching last night. :)

67 comments:

Jaime said...

Mary Poppins??? :)

Donna Lybarger said...

Pooh someone already guessed. Just curious what the rest of the potty shirt looks like that you missed the potty

joyceandnorm said...

Love Mary Poppins! My 6yo keeps trying to use supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in all her sentences. :p

Cary Kent said...

Looks a little like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Sabrina said...

Aww man..mary poppins!

Elizabeth said...

No idea really, but Pink Panther just popped into my head for some reason, so I'll go with that for my guess! I don't even think I've seen any of the PP movies, but my dad used to love them. :)

Haley said...

Im leaving a random comment ;) congrats on baby #5 and on Spring Break arriving :)

Verna said...

Mary Poppins!

Kimberly Johnson said...

My kids' favorite movie! Mary Poppins! We just watched it ourselves the other day :)

Anna McCrary said...

I was thinking Mary Poppins but not 100% sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Saw it live on stage this year :))) so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Poppins
Tammy Carroll Martin
tammy.c.martin.5@facebook.com

Kristen said...

Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies. I saw it on Broadway this summer. It was incredible!

jennygeorgetown said...

First thing I noticed was the toilet tee. I thought???Not her usual style. Then I continued reading and laughed. LOVE this!

rachel said...

definitely mary poppins! love that movie!!!

Marla said...

Mary Poppins! That is a family favorite here! :)

Anna Dumaresq said...

I can't imagine finding an entire pan of Cinnamon Rolls in the freezer! That's so great! :D

Anonymous said...

David Niven in..... I don't know but I have seen it once loooooong ago (over 20 years)
(I post anonymous ├žause I don't have any of the other profiles listed.. Sorry about that.
Enjoy the rest of springbreak and beware of what you wear!

Heleen. (I know, it's a Dutch name.. with equivalents in most 'big' languages)

Maria said...

Mary Poppins! :)
mldaus95@gmail.com

rebekahdawn said...

I just introduced my girls to Mary Poppins a week ago and they've been running around singing the songs ever since.

Rachel said...

Ahh that's Marry Poppin's!! We love that movie!! Supercalafrajalisticexpealadocious =)

Randi said...

My guess is Around the World in 80 Days.

Mominin said...

Mary Poppins!

Marilyn Kok said...

Annie?

Jamie Garcia said...

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Amie said...

Why ... Mary Poppins! Love it (but Sound of Music is our favorite). :)

Can't wait to see that cute little guy you're growing!

Hugs!

Mandy said...

whoop! You get the first $5! You were fast! :D Awesome! I'll email you!

SavannahsSmiles said...

Bed knobs and broomsticks

Holly Kinsey said...

Mary Poppins!

Mrs. Schlickbernd said...

Mary Poppins!

Mandy said...

Will you send me your email address to mandy@biblicalhomemaking.com ? :D

Anonymous said...

Mary Poppins

Amanda

Brittany Forkner said...

Mary Poppins - one of the best movies ever! I enjoyed it as a child, now enjoying it with my kids!

Lauralea said...

Mary Poppins! Chim-chim-chimney cheroo!

Sharon :) said...

So everyone else already guessed ;) but I have to say that is a pretty cool contest!!

Kelli H. said...

I had to give into the baked cheetos preggo craving this week... i know they are so not good for me but they were SO good! My favorite old time movie is Sabrina. My kids do love Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks, so they are often on the movie night list. They dont make them like they used to, do they??

Christine said...

Mary Poppins!

GiGi said...

What a fun weekend. Sometimes I get way too excited to go to SAMs club. Giddy even... And even more giddy to re stock the house. Tomorrow I'm placing a HUGE homeschool book order. I just might not be able to sleep tonight due to excitement. Seriously!!!!! Have a blessed Monday

Xoxo
GiGi

Joya Towne said...

Hurray for cinnamon rolls! Jackpot!!
I am excited when I can open all the windows in my house. We've had a couple days like that already and it gives me spring fever so bad!
Oh, I'm with you on the fruit - I love watermelon! And I love blackberries. The way I love them the most is in blackberry cobbler. We pick some every year and I make at least one or two..
My movie would be To Kill a Mockingbird. I remember as a kid getting so excited when that movie would come on tv.

Boy oh Boy oh Boy! said...

We love Sam's Club too! I don't think my kids have ever had Funyuns either. I wish I could wear flip flops, but we are currently in the middle of a big snow storm.

Christa @ BrownSugarToast said...

I read this post while listening to an online session about healthy eating. I was so happy to see that you had a lovely picture of cinnamon rolls I could look at while listening to my session! haha! :) And YEA for watermelon!! Perfect snack!

The Funk's said...

Mary Poppins!! Oh, now I want to watch it!!

Mellissa Rose said...

Love your posts. I have never seen Mary Poppins and I'm 33. I really should see if it is on Netflix!

Mandy said...

hehee so glad I could help! :P It's all about balance, right? ;)

hockfrockandlily said...

I love Mary Poppins!! Sounds like you guys definitely started Spring Break on the right foot!! I do a happy dance when blueberries and raspberries are in season. Can't get enough of them :). Turkey Burger looks tasty- would love the recipe!
Blessings!
Shaina

Sydney A said...

Mary Poppins...i believeee when he is giving noted to his wife for the nanny advertisement ( i said that last word in his British accent, haha!)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I totally thought it was Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and then when I read the right answer, the lines got crossed in my head, and I was trying to figure out what scene that picture was from out of ChittyChitty BangBang. It all makes sense now. My favorite old movie though, is Oliver, the musical. :)

Angel said...

OH MY GOODNESS! MARY POPPINS!

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, medicine go down...EEEEEEE! I so love that movie.

thoennes5 said...

Mary Poppins! I should have my kids watch that movie.

The Grabers said...

Aww! I love Mary Poppins! I need to break that out and let my kids watch it!

Lis said...

Here's hoping for the random $5. ;)

ameays said...

Marry Poppins!!!! My all time favourite movie!!!! <3

Jennifer Magnone said...

Mary Poppins!

Kristin said...

It's Mary Poppins! I read the book last year and was really unimpressed! The movie is so much more cheerful.

Grace Evans said...

Aww Mary Poppins! Such a classic. :)

Karen Jones said...

Mary Poppins of course! That was the only movie my daughter would watch when she was little. Must have watched it a million times!

gillian claire said...

I love all the little peeks into your life here!

cjcETCA said...

See I got you thinking about those cinnamon rolls LOL :)

Aimie said...

Mary Poppins is the movie!! Love that one!!

Anonymous said...

My hubby used to work for the Disney store here in Australia and loved to remind me (often) he could say superkalafragaliticexpialidocious backwards. Very annoying. Lol. But that was definitely Mary poppins. The cook was also in Pollyanna and the daughter was the sister of the woman who played Michael Crawford's wife in some mothers do ave em. Google it. It was an English tv show years ago

EpicMan said...

Mary Poppins, of course!

EarthyMamma said...

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Courtney said...

And now I want to watch Mary Poppins! You are adorable!

jana said...

MAry Poppins was my guess too!
nan_er@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My 7 year old loves an old movie with Dean Jones and Suzanne Pleshette (not sure I spelled that correctly) called the Ugly Dachshund.

Ryan said...

Ok....forget about the $5....what about your cinnamon rolls recipe? : > Those look delicious! I've always wanted to make them home made and refuse to buy them in store. Seriously, if you have a recipe to share, would you mind?
And congratulations on your 5th! You know everyone says......5 is the new 4 (like 40 is the new 30? :>) We have 4 (youngest is 18mos) and I'm slightly terrified that God might add another! But watching/reading you "do it" gives me peace. :) Press on, Mama! Love reading your blog - thanks for sharing!

Morgan Hagey said...

Anon- Oh my gosh, the Ugly Dachshund is an amazingly fun movie. LOVE IT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...